Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's come a long way that we're all looking to him to turn our season round. Or else we're all desperate.
He was a LOT better than people gave him credit for, for a long time.
It's just that his most outspoken qualities are so strangely common in our world class squad that people chose to focus on his weaker points exclusively.
If you played football you have encountered that player that you just couldn't get near to.
It's extremely rare at this level but we happen to have a ton of players like that.
Zinchenko is one of them.
Our other full backs are not.

If he is fit then I expect him to play next week. He isn't flashy but steady and keeps possession better than Mendy

He's come a long way that we're all looking to him to turn our season round. Or else we're all desperate.
He won't turn the season around, but he brings a stability and possession cohesion the other 2 don't bring.

I won't rip on Angelino. He had a bad day and would be better against less speed in future.
He was a LOT better than people gave him credit for, for a long time.
It's just that his most outspoken qualities are so strangely common in our world class squad that people chose to focus on his weaker points exclusively.
If you played football you have encountered that player that you just couldn't get near to.
It's extremely rare at this level but we happen to have a ton of players like that.
Zinchenko is one of them.
Our other full backs are not.
Bingo!!!!

He won't turn the season around, but he brings a stability and possession cohesion the other 2 don't bring.

I won't rip on Angelino. He had a bad day and would be better against less speed in future.

Bingo!!!!
Zinchenko was tailor made LB when Sane was LW. He allowed Sane and David to attack and he would control from behind.

But with attacking fullbacks and Sterling who hates being wide and likes to play inside and David in mid we have no defensive control. Would like to see Zinchenko in David’s spot and see how we play. Should be better balanced.

Can he hit crosses either at a tortoise or rocket pace and at least 12ft in the air. If not I'm not sure how he gets in the team.

Great to see Zinny back and making a rare appearance in midfield.

He could be an interesting option to play alongside Rodri in a similar way to how he's deployed for Ukraine if Pep continues to tinker with this weird 4-4-2 formation. I think we often forget just how good he's been as a midfielder on an international level and would bring some much needed energy.

I'd like to see him transition centrally next season when Silva leaves. I'd sooner see the back of Gundogan than Zinchenko - think we should be trying our best to integrate him into another position, as I just don't think his future lies at LB (as good as he's been), particularly when Pep eventually leaves.

Last edited:
Zinny is a squad player - loyal to our side - and at the moment - may be our best LB.

At the same time, he's far from essential.

We desperately need a WC LB/LB replacement.

Mendy is surplus to requirements... and Zinny is a good squad/backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.