Is there a lack of intensity in our game? If so, how do we solve it?

New signings.

If Pep is to stay for longer there will have to be significant changes to the 1st squad over the next 2-3 windows.

Our team this season looks tired and slow, we need to inject some pace, youth and hunger urgently.

One thing we lack in centre of midfield and at the back is pace, Rodri is far too slow and although Fernandinho is quick he’s not Mane quick.

Our defence is surely the greatest concern? We are still the leagues leading goal scorers and have only conceded 4 more goal than Liverpool with a net GD from the leaders of just 3. Problem is of course that we tend to win some games by a big margin but then concede the odd goal that will cost us 2 or 3 points.

I don't always agree with Garth Crooks, but on the BBC website he points out Rodri turning away from the Shelvey shot and postulates that Kompany would never do that. I also thought Stones gave up too early on chasing Willems.

We have had the good fortune to have a great deal of money to spend and I couldn't care less about the jibes from other clubs. If you win the lottery to don't buy a Vauxhall Corsa. We should have bought Van Dyke when we had the chance or even Maguire who's head alone would have blocked Shelvey's shot. Mendy, Angelino, Rodri, Cancelo, Stones, Zinchenko, Otamendi, would Pep buy any of these if he had his time over again? All capable of good performances but none I would rate as world class which City or to be give the funds available. After two PL winning seasons we were almost at the point where we could attract the world's best, I fear that is now dropping off. Real Madrid and Barcelona have no issue spending megabucks to bring in the best.

I've followed City since the mid-50's. Up and down like a tarts knickers. 1st division winners, FA cup winners, 3rd division losers...I've seen great teams, poor teams, good managers and not so good. Clapped. cheered, rattled (oh yes!) and moaned like hell. I want the best for my team and success, but I would never, ever call my team shite like some posters have done, that is totally out of order. Have these people never heard of TYPICAL CITY?

Our defence is surely the greatest concern? We are still the leagues leading goal scorers and have only conceded 4 more goal than Liverpool with a net GD from the leaders of just 3. Problem is of course that we tend to win some games by a big margin but then concede the odd goal that will cost us 2 or 3 points.

I don't always agree with Garth Crooks, but on the BBC website he points out Rodri turning away from the Shelvey shot and postulates that Kompany would never do that. I also thought Stones gave up too early on chasing Willems.

We have had the good fortune to have a great deal of money to spend and I couldn't care less about the jibes from other clubs. If you win the lottery to don't buy a Vauxhall Corsa. We should have bought Van Dyke when we had the chance or even Maguire who's head alone would have blocked Shelvey's shot. Mendy, Angelino, Rodri, Cancelo, Stones, Zinchenko, Otamendi, would Pep buy any of these if he had his time over again? All capable of good performances but none I would rate as world class which City or to be give the funds available. After two PL winning seasons we were almost at the point where we could attract the world's best, I fear that is now dropping off. Real Madrid and Barcelona have no issue spending megabucks to bring in the best.

I've followed City since the mid-50's. Up and down like a tarts knickers. 1st division winners, FA cup winners, 3rd division losers...I've seen great teams, poor teams, good managers and not so good. Clapped. cheered, rattled (oh yes!) and moaned like hell. I want the best for my team and success, but I would never, ever call my team shite like some posters have done, that is totally out of order. Have these people never heard of TYPICAL CITY?
I rate Zin and Stones.

The league has gone for me, we don't have enough fit players who want to win it enough and Liverpool to be fair are just relentless in getting results.

Missing players like Sane and Laporte for such a long time can make or break a season and I don't think we have recovered from losing them.

I'm not worried because the team is changing, if we give it a good go and win nothing then it will still be a good season.

This is so true. I was watching some old clips of last season and the season before at the weekend. One thing in particular struck me; we used to take much less touches before moving the ball on, and the speed of the pass was often much quicker and more precise.

No idea why this has dropped. Is it tired legs? Ageing? Change of tactics? Change of opposition tactics?

This is so true. I was watching some old clips of last season and the season before at the weekend. One thing in particular struck me; we used to take much less touches before moving the ball on, and the speed of the pass was often much quicker and more precise.

No idea why this has dropped. Is it tired legs? Ageing? Change of tactics? Change of opposition tactics?
I said last year i never want to see Bernardo and Gundogan on the pitch at the same time, well you can add Marhez and Silva to that list, the problem being pace, age, height , strength and the determination to put your foot in where it hurts all are good players but they all need someone else to carry them, at the weekend that was De Bruyne,
A pacy box to box will change the way we use these four

We need to add another striking option in the shape of a big, quick striker, just the sort who troubles us from one punt down the pitch after we've had 70% possession and passed it around 50 times

From one guy from the 50s to another, great post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.