Burnley (A) - Pre-Match Thread

Burnley (A) Prediction

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not going to criticise his players is he. Completely pointless questions. Little more than goading.

Man Utd allow their supporters to ask questions, or they did at the UEFA Astana v Man Utd press conference. City should do the same. An opportunity for the coach to face questions should be interesting but much of the press is hostile so Pep has his guard up, and other than injury updates we usually learn nothing.

Other than sound bites conferences are for just that.

The reason we have dropped 13 points in 14 games this year are many and in most seasons we would be around 5 points off the pace.

Injuries to important players that are difficult to replace and maintain the stability and intensity required to win games combined with ageing legs and the difficulty in staying motivated after two huge efforts in the previous seasons to win the title albeit in different circumstances is the best way I can sum it up.

The players we bought in over the summer are still finding their feet and been injured as well and the jury is still out as to whether they will be value for money and improve the team week in week out , they need all of this season and part of next injury free to see if they have what it takes.

Silva is past his best by a long way , still valuable but will not be a factor in as many games as in the past.

Kun and Ferny need replacing and we have no leader on and off the field playing wise and we need a leader , Liverpool have VVD we have Stones their is a huge gap in organisational ability and direction and presence in both boxes.

We are on target for 80 points enough for a top three finish.

Forget 14 wins on the spin its not going to happen this year and you can see the players are struggling , losing to Norwich , Wolves at home ( with their schedule of games ) , and dropping points to Spurs and Newcastle which had to to be bankers this year says a lot about how difficult it is to continue to climb the mountain when the gods are aligning for Liverpool to win their first title in 30 years.

With the GUndog suspended, and Burnley being known for direct football, I think there is a decent possibility of Fern covering for the Gundog, and Ota playing alongside Stones with Foden replacing Silva.
With that reasoning then why the fuck wouldn’t you be selecting Rodri?

Fuck knows. We can easily win, lose or draw this. Gundogan isnt playing which i think helps us in this game particularly. I imagine Rodri at DM. Whats the weather forecast for this?

Burnley will play with two giants up front because that’s all their dinosaurs manager knows. We have to play with two real centre backs and keep tge midfield tight to stop the long ball from being lobbed over the top.

I think we’ll go with Stones and Otamendi at the back and Fernandinho in the middle. I also think it’s time to give Dave a rest so maybe a start for Foden.

Eddie
Walker Stones Ota Angelino
Bernie KDB Ferna Foden
Jesus Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.