John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re just WUMing now, mate, which I’ll let go and just move on.

Editing my post, as you have edited your post several times after I replied, and this will be my last response:

The point you’ve just made makes absolutely no sense, as I pointed out the 2011/2012 season was just getting under way when Vinny was the same age as John is now, meaning Vinny still at some time before he reached his peak (arguably the 2013/2014) season and pointing out Stones has plenty of time to do so, as well. 19 days is irrelevant to that argument — it’s absurdist distraction, as is your tendency when making tenuous arguments.

And your response to my assertion that you’re never wrong... well done making my point for me, mate.

I’ve genuinely defended you when others have taken issue with your frustrating behaviour (many can attest to that even after our exchange yesterday), as I think you are an intelligent poster that makes many very good points (and just struggles when your opinions are contradicted, perhaps not even realising how those struggles come off), but I’m not sure there’s any value in continuing to do that. You’ve actually exceeded even my patience, which takes some doing.

Kompany’s absolute peak was in 2012, a level Stones won’t ever get near to.

The Port Vale striker, whoever he is, has a point. Though I doubt he'd score 40 a season. Since he's joined City (and probably before) the lad's problems seem to be between his ears. He's John Stoned half the time. We overpaid for him and he's probably on a good salary, so he'll be difficult to sell which leaves the option of letting his contract run out but that just alerts clubs to our need and up goes the price of any target. He was a risky buy and it hasn't worked out. He's into his 4th season and he hasn't made himself a starter yet. That's with a part-time Kompany, (Mangala) and a flaky Otamendi for competition. Four years ago all the full backs were over the hill, now there's a question mark over every CB.

The Port Vale striker, whoever he is, has a point. Though I doubt he'd score 40 a season. Since he's joined City (and probably before) the lad's problems seem to be between his ears. He's John Stoned half the time. We overpaid for him and he's probably on a good salary, so he'll be difficult to sell which leaves the option of letting his contract run out but that just alerts clubs to our need and up goes the price of any target. He was a risky buy and it hasn't worked out. He's into his 4th season and he hasn't made himself a starter yet. That's with a part-time Kompany, (Mangala) and a flaky Otamendi for competition. Four years ago all the full backs were over the hill, now there's a question mark over every CB.

There is still a question mark over every full back. With Kompany gone and Laporte injured, our defence is a car crash.

Port Vale striker reckons he'd bag 40 a season if he played against Stones every week. Said his lack of aggression makes him a dream for target men.

Tom Pope doesn't have much between his ears and several times failed to make any impact whatsoever at League One level. In fact, he only had one decent season in League Two.

But he's got a point about John's aggression. The only time I've seen him show any of it was against Colombia at the World Cup.

Tom Pope doesn't have much between his ears and several times failed to make any impact whatsoever at League One level. In fact, he only had one decent season in League Two.

But he's got a point about John's aggression. The only time I've seen him show any of it was against Colombia at the World Cup.

I was thinking about Stones and his (lack of) aggression yesterday. He doesn't go up for headers, that appears to be Fern's job. I can't remember the last time he was booked for fouling someone, does he ever leave the pitch with dirty shorts?

He's been pretty much non-existent this season when he really should have been stepping up with Kompany gone, Laporte injured and Fern in a new position

I was thinking about Stones and his (lack of) aggression yesterday. He doesn't go up for headers, that appears to be Fern's job. I can't remember the last time he was booked for fouling someone, does he ever leave the pitch with dirty shorts?

He's been pretty much non-existent this season when he really should have been stepping up with Kompany gone, Laporte injured and Fern in a new position

My thoughts exactly - Laporte's injury meant that someone had to step up to the mark and lay down a marker and basically say 'I will lead the line". Otamendi isn't capable but i truly expected more from Stones

That one move where he just failed to continue closing down the 1st newcastle equaliser just about did it for me, and I was a Stones advocate

He has a hell of a way to go to redeeming himself in my eyes. As someone else pointed out - stick him in a team winning 4 or 5 nil every game he looks good. When we are in a purple patch and need the back line to defend then he has been very poor

My thoughts exactly - Laporte's injury meant that someone had to step up to the mark and lay down a marker and basically say 'I will lead the line". Otamendi isn't capable but i truly expected more from Stones

That one move where he just failed to continue closing down the 1st newcastle equaliser just about did it for me, and I was a Stones advocate

He has a hell of a way to go to redeeming himself in my eyes. As someone else pointed out - stick him in a team winning 4 or 5 nil every game he looks good. When we are in a purple patch and need the back line to defend then he has been very poor

Possibly did it for Pep too! Clearly didn’t trust him against a big CF. Be interesting to see if he gets back in Sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.