Guardiola rules out any January signings.

So many people here say that January is not a good time to buy players. are you serious? The 2 best CB's in the league came in January - Laporte and Van Dijk. We have to sign a CB , we have at least 3 more trophies to fight for. A world-class CB can make the difference between not winning any title to winning the Champions League. If we will sign a CB like Koulibaly with the return of Laporte and Sane we can definitely compete for all the titles. Also, in January fewer teams make purchases so there is less competition for each player.

Have to say I am a little surprised but mainly because i was fully expecting Sane to be off to Bayen, I can't see us allowing him to go and not replacing him so I guess he will be with us until the end of the season.
It wouldn't be city if we flogged him for an initial €50 million with another €80 milion due through addons at 23:59 on 31st January...

So many people here say that January is not a good time to buy players. are you serious? The 2 best CB's in the league came in January - Laporte and Van Dijk. We have to sign a CB , we have at least 3 more trophies to fight for. A world-class CB can make the difference between not winning any title to winning the Champions League. If we will sign a CB like Koulibaly with the return of Laporte and Sane we can definitely compete for all the titles. Also, in January fewer teams make purchases so there is less competition for each player.
Do you think we need to replace Stones or Laporte? That is what you are talking about.

You're talking about signing Koilibaly or a player like him as if it's possible. Even if Napoli would sell him, I don't think he'd be eligible for the CL. We were looking for a central defender in the Summer and couldn't do it so why do you think it's possible now?

Laporte and Stone will do for me with Garcia and HB coming through next season. I know it's risky but football isn't as simple as you think

Absolutely spot on.

People just parrot the same old cliches spouted in the media by rent a quote mugs despite evidence to the contrary

Also 4 months to bed into the team/ squad ready for the following season

Do you think we need to replace Stones or Laporte? That is what you are talking about.
Personally, I think Stones has made no progress since coming to City, is prone to injury, and makes a lot of mistakes. If he was on foreign place I would have released him long ago, because he is an Englishman he can be a third or fourth CB but certainly not a starter.
We all know we need a CB, so why not do it in January, compete for all titles and let him get used to the system so that next year he already has experience playing with our players?

No harm in getting an experienced center half on loan till the end of the season. We also need a good left back as cover for Zinchenko.

Personally, I think Stones has made no progress since coming to City, is prone to injury, and makes a lot of mistakes. If he was on foreign place I would have released him long ago, because he is an Englishman he can be a third or fourth CB but certainly not a starter.
We all know we need a CB, so why not do it in January, compete for all titles and let him get used to the system so that next year he already has experience playing with our players?
Again spot on. His personality is such that I think Stones would happily settle for being a squad player which would suit us as he's not a bad guy to have waiting in the wings

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.