Guardiola rules out any January signings.

Realistically theres no way we're able to bring through two youth players in the same position. I really rate Garcia, but given his size, and Spanish passport, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we sell him to focus on THB. And signing another centerback wouldn't block him at all.

This is probably what will happen tbf.

Sensible if true. I’d rather wait for the right player rather then spending say 60m on someone who we are only buying as a reaction to not being first.

Kalidou Koulibaly a total munity going on in Naples, hit them with an offer they can't refuse, 30m plus Mendy and Otto
4 Times in succession the guy has made the best 11 team in Italy, no short term fix, just a world class cb partner for Laporte.

So that’s a deal worth nil to Naples then? Who the fuck would want them two!

For what it's worth, I think this is a generous interpretation of events. Yes, Vinny told us a few weeks before the window opened that he was heading to Belgium, but if you believe any of the reports from last summer by that point Otamendi had already told the club he was open to a move. So not only should we have had contingency plans in place in the event that Kompany decided to go (which, really, wasn't a huge shocker in retrospect, he was out of contract after all), we should've been in the market looking at options in the event that Otamendi had found a move as well. The decision last summer not to buy a centerback was just that, a calculated decision (obviously wrong in my opinion), not us getting caught off guard by Vinny.
No arguments from me bud. I did say I may have been wrong re Vinnie

Reactions: cjn
Kalidou Koulibaly a total munity going on in Naples, hit them with an offer they can't refuse, 30m plus Mendy and Otto
4 Times in succession the guy has made the best 11 team in Italy, no short term fix, just a world class cb partner for Laporte.

He plays left side of a two, mate.

He certainly isn't comfortable on the right, which is where we need to spend the money for a Kompany/Stones consideration.

He is also 29, so anything over £50m would be short sighted in the extreme.

He certainly isn't comfortable on the right, which is where we need to spend the money for a Kompany/Stones consideration.

Counter argument - He can actually play both sides, does play on the right relatively often, Maguire is also a right footed but left sided CB and Pep wanted him in the summer so presumably that isnt an issue.

Also he's 28 - the same age Fernandinho was when we bought him.

He's 28, and at the right price would be an outstanding investment.

From Wiki Due to his versatility, he can play both in his usual role as a central defender, or as a full back on either the right or left flank, in both a three or four-man defence; he has even been deployed as a defensive midfielder.

He is right footed, so dont see why he wouldnt be comfortable on the right? There isnt many top quality CBs out there, so if we get 3 top seasons out of him while we develop Garcia/THB or another promising CB it would totally be worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.