Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone will pay that for him within the next couple of years, it's just a way of securing Benfica a better deal. United set the standard with Pogba and now Maguire and that's a pretty fucking low bar.
Counterpoint: if his goal is to actually get a transfer to a top club (which I’m assuming it is for discussion purposes, but who knows) having his release clause set at a world record fee is a pretty fucking dumb way to go about it. Would’ve had plenty of options this summer at €60m and now he has no leverage at all.

The last CB to leave Benfica for the Premier League is....Victor Lindelof, who I remember a lot of people thought was the dogs bollox. A lot of fans will now be thinking thank f*** we missed that one. I think Dias would be the same, not as good as the hype.

Last edited:
No one is paying €100m for a CB from that league. At least with Felix you can tell by his scoring and movement that it transitioned well in Europe, and even then many thought he went for more than he was worth due to his release clause. Felix was also only 19, Dias will be 23 in May. Not saying he won't leave Benfica at some point, but absolutely no chance he becomes the most expensive defender in the world.

No one is paying €100m for a CB from that league. At least with Felix you can tell by his scoring and movement that it transitioned well in Europe, and even then many thought he went for more than he was worth due to his release clause. Felix was also only 19, Dias will be 23 in May. Not saying he won't leave Benfica at some point, but absolutely no chance he becomes the most expensive defender in the world.
He may well do.
Not saying that he is the best CB but there are not too many good ones around that are currently with ‘selling’ clubs and some big, wealthy clubs will be needing one soon so the price will inflate.

Mail mentioned his name alongside Koulibaly as our potential targets - I’ve always wanted us to go for Dias, hope it’s true.

Time to go for this lad ? Skriniar and Koulibaly seem to be struggling and we no longer need to go for an older player like Koulibaly to keep Garcia happy. Younger players are better value. He still has plenty of experience and would get in the first 11 and make us much better

Had a look at some of his performances recently, found this gem:

Check his marvellous defending at 2:54. Mind you, there were horror shows everywhere but that was just funny for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.