Var debate 2019/20

Nah still open to manipulation.

I still think cricket have it right where each captain is given three reviews in a game that’s it up to him if and when he uses them

Until (and I don't think this is either possible or desirable) the whole process is done without human intervention it will be open to manipulation. I think my idea does go someway to addressing the discrepancy over the amount of time the apparent same decision can take in different games and recognises the whole clear and obvious error side of things.
I also don't think the cricket analogy works, how long after the incident can the captain make the challenge? Easy to do in cricket but not so football imo.

Nah still open to manipulation.

I still think cricket have it right where each captain is given three reviews in a game that’s it up to him if and when he uses them
Agree with the cricket challenge system but it still wouldn't amend the decision making i.e. they will still seem the TAA handball as 'arm in natural position' and we have now lost a review......

can somebody clear this up for me

the offiside rule on the lineman's flagging to the referee pulse on his arm to blowing the whistle ?? this is a gray area with VAR and players stopping
we are told to play to the whistle ? but the defenders are looking to the lineman's flag because they are in the best precision and a flag is used to show he is offside

now here is the puzzle and we need clearing up ?? if you play on when the referee blows his whistle for offside and your score its deem unfair and VAR can not do anything about it even if you was on side anyway, so when the lineman's flags and the time it takes to pulse on his arm to blowing his whistle should also mean the same ?? why is it not deemed unfair as well because the gold rule by defenders is to stop

everton vs leicaster was it right to let the goal stand yes the player was onside, but the everton players and keeper all seen the flag and arms was up and yes it did make a difference and why did the ref not blow his whistle ?? they said on tv that it was the right call by the referee to play on but was it fair to the everton players

clearly the next game he does at the etihad his whistle will be glued to his mouth and he will blow before the goal is scored meaning its a dead ball and VAR will not review it

can somebody clear this up for me

the offiside rule on the lineman's flagging to the referee pulse on his arm to blowing the whistle ?? this is a gray area with VAR and players stopping
we are told to play to the whistle ? but the defenders are looking to the lineman's flag because they are in the best precision and a flag is used to show he is offside

now here is the puzzle and we need clearing up ?? if you play on when the referee blows his whistle for offside and your score its deem unfair and VAR can not do anything about it even if you was on side anyway, so when the lineman's flags and the time it takes to pulse on his arm to blowing his whistle should also mean the same ?? why is it not deemed unfair as well because the gold rule by defenders is to stop

everton vs leicaster was it right to let the goal stand yes the player was onside, but the everton players and keeper all seen the flag and arms was up and yes it did make a difference and why did the ref not blow his whistle ?? they said on tv that it was the right call by the referee to play on but was it fair to the everton players

clearly the next game he does at the etihad his whistle will be glued to his mouth and he will blow before the goal is scored meaning its a dead ball and VAR will not review it
Supposedly the liners were told to keep their flags down when it's a close call, play carries on and if a goal is scored VAR would make the call. In reality what has been happening is that flags have been going up, a free kick is warded and nothing is said except in the Everton case when the ref didn't blow despite the flag being up.

Until the system runs entirely on AI technology, the human perception VAR is just lengthening the decision tree of subjectivity, and right and wrong decisions will always be open for criticism.

For all the precision motion tracking technology the game has introduced in goal line sensor and player tracking, the method that they decide as gold standard for offside call is video footage.

VAR also favours teams that play for the foul, especially when desperately trying to get the winning goal in the dying minutes. I am glad the Aguero moment and the QPR game was pure football genius from Dzeko and Aguero, and not a Mane theatric that has more chances of getting VAR decisions than against.

Supposedly the liners were told to keep their flags down when it's a close call, play carries on and if a goal is scored VAR would make the call. In reality what has been happening is that flags have been going up, a free kick is warded and nothing is said except in the Everton case when the ref didn't blow despite the flag being up.

that is what i was thinking with the lineman's so why didn't he blow ?? he had loads of time and the pulse on the ref's arms so must have hit home as well, officials are making it up each week to suit themselves and others (a little help) goes a long way in liverpool case

all my fears in VAR are coming true and the control they now have and is wrong, the officials in game are now clearly cheating ?? ok your told to give it time and wave away 1 or 2 mistakes, but its not new and its been running in the back ground for 2 seasons and in fully in cups and europe ?? so why the mistakes in big games involving manchester city and its not once but about every game this season with manchester city

manchester city have to learn to start taking every chance they make and take the officials and VAR out of the game and if we score 4 or 5 then we can let in 1 or 2

Much as i like to see Nacho do well, i've been looking at replays of the last minute winner, and to be honest, i think he got away with one there. Linesman immediately flags and the VAR freeze clearly shows him offside to my eyes . At least we didn't suffer last night against Burnley. 4 superb strikes

Much as i like to see Nacho do well, i've been looking at replays of the last minute winner, and to be honest, i think he got away with one there. Linesman immediately flags and the VAR freeze clearly shows him offside to my eyes . At least we didn't suffer last night against Burnley. 4 superb strikes[/QUOTE]

Yes but... for Rodri's goal Raz was offside and obstructing the keepers view. Was fully expecting VAR to overrule. They must have decided that the dippers have won the league already.

THREEPEAT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.