#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's always been better on the right, but is being forced to try and play like an orthodox Arjen Robben style inverted winger when it's not his strength at all. He's alright at cutting in and shooting, but it's far from the best part of his game. Also the lack of anyone else who can play wide left means he's been run into the ground

When he had a point to prove he was determined and focused. Since he became appointed Rio Ferdinand a huge drop off. Thankfully the negative reporting of him has gone the other way, but he needs to keep the hunger.

Let’s face it pretty much everyone is below par at the minute.

Yeah but oddly, Sterling is, in my opinion, performing worse than he has for 2 seasons, yet has become a media darling. Maybe he was more focussed when he was being slated in the media every week?

Yeah but oddly, Sterling is, in my opinion, performing worse than he has for 2 seasons, yet has become a media darling. Maybe he was more focussed when he was being slated in the media every week?

He’s also getting away with it as he’s the only one sticking the ball in the onion bag. On course for a 30 goal season at the moment and is our top scorer. Most of us would take that happily as an under-par season when the team are performing this badly.

I think Pep’s nullified him a bit with the way he has set up and instructed the team. Coupled with slow laboured build up from the back and being overplayed, I’m not surprised he’s shite so far.

Somethings wrong with this squad mentally this season, his outburst at Gomez typified that.

You do have to laugh when you see a few of the players in front of him. The ranking (and often the winner) is a bit of a joke, so laughing is often the appropriate response.

Been shite for nearly 2 months,, should have buried that last chance at Newcastle, but no ., larry Grayson. world class my arse.

Think he needs an extended break. Surely played more football than anyone else in the squad by a long way over the last 12 months and it’s starting to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.