Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

I thought we had more balance tonight. Great to see us back to using both sides to spread the play and stretch them. Rodri was outstanding and showed what most of us know - he could become captain and pivotal for years to come. Kev driving us forward and increasing the pace was perfect against a team that defends well. Bernardo back to playing with grit, work rate and confidence and for me he should play ahead of Mahrez as this is what gave us balance. Pleasing night and as others have said Amazon are streets ahead of Sly and BT - quality coverage.

you mean this gundog?

Ah. I was sat in the Burton Arms with the majority being United fans shouting "stab the Spanish bastard" and "stab the belly dancer". Twenty six passes later and the game's secure. I shout "get in there" and all of a sudden one of the United fans turned to me, squared up to me and said "What are you doing?". I said incredulous "I'm a City fan". For a few seconds I thought I was fucked but miraculously it just died off. The air was frosty as I left wondering if I'd get a bottle at the back of my head. I didn't. Instead I got a whisky and said to my mate, I felt sorry for him. The mighty Manchester United needed a goal but to make it worse; they couldn't get the ball. Then the finale. A sublime finish by Gundogan.

Yeah but Pep literally taught him all that, he never did it at Spurs.
Pep taught him it, but the raw materials were there - Danilo and Cancelo can't do it. In fact, we probably scouted him knowing that - I'm being a bit protective here cause I think Walker gets a bit of unfair bad press at times

I imagine there are other players in world football I don't know about, but he does helluva job for us.

Pep being askd about dinho again,he said we know better than you

Thought he misunderstood the journalists point there and was a bit of a harsh response. He was praising Rodri, his point was how good he played, we didn’t miss Fernandinho in midfield and so he can play in defence.

I thought we had more balance tonight. Great to see us back to using both sides to spread the play and stretch them. Rodri was outstanding and showed what most of us know - he could become captain and pivotal for years to come. Kev driving us forward and increasing the pace was perfect against a team that defends well. Bernardo back to playing with grit, work rate and confidence and for me he should play ahead of Mahrez as this is what gave us balance. Pleasing night and as others have said Amazon are streets ahead of Sly and BT - quality coverage.
Well said. Rodri epitomised the forward line tonight. Breaking the lines at pace with trickery and poise.

Rodri: "After this match we was having a party because we needed this win. There is a long way to go until the end of the season, but today is a big win for us"

Pep Guardiola on #BURMCI: "Really good performance, we didn't conceded too much, only one action in the first half and the goal"

Guardiola on @gabrieljesus33: "All of us have no doubts about his quality. I am delighted for him"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.