FA Cup R3 - Port Vale (H) - Sat 04/01 - 5:31pm

Friendly Vale fan (dad of three valeites), price this right like you did the Rotherham fixture last season, 10 for adults and 5 for kids and there is talk of over 7000 tickets being sold.
As we like to interact with fans when we travel away, where would you recommend for a friendly drink that allows kids??
Thanks....

There is no reason why the club will not follow last season’s model and price the game similarly.

I'm glad things are on the up for you. I knew quite a few Valeites when I lived in Stoke about 15 years ago.

Friendly Vale fan (dad of three valeites), price this right like you did the Rotherham fixture last season, 10 for adults and 5 for kids and there is talk of over 7000 tickets being sold.
As we like to interact with fans when we travel away, where would you recommend for a friendly drink that allows kids??
Thanks....
Get into the city centre and visit the markets...

I'm a Vale fan and wondering why would you think we will be doing this??
Price this game right and we will bring over 7000 for this game. We will get battered we all know this but after forcing our previous "owner" out and getting the feel good factor back it's just going to be a mass party in that away end...
Oh dear! I appear to ruffled a few feathers with my comments. All meant in the best possible taste, of course. ;-)
I've had a long affinity with the Potteries over the years, and I'm pleased to say that I have still many friends down there.

As for the football, which is why we're all here, I visited Vale Park for the one and only time in July 1971 for a pre-season friendly, coming straight from a holiday on the Norfolk Broads with 4 other mates (all blues, of course). The score - I've just googled it -we won 1-0.
If you've not been to the Emptyhad, sorry, Etihad, before, it's nothing like Maine Road. They don't even sell oat cakes. A good away support will make a great atmosphere I'm sure, but, please no WWYWYWS! It's boring.

Good luck. Just enjoy the day. Halifax did when we played there!

Last edited:
This will be kids for a quid game ... (in the family section level 1) and then they’d price it £5 everywhere else and around £7.50 for kids in cushy second tier seats around the middle ...

adults would be £10 starting and going up depending on stand and tier and section so £10 being cheapest and probably around £25-30 for 93:20 sections.

And enough games ahead of us to be on TV so we’d be Saturday 3pm as well ...

All good!

Never seen Port Vale play but they had one famous F.A. Cup run when they got to the semi-final as a Third Division club in 1954. Beat the likes of Southport and Darlington along the way and Stan Matthews's Blackpool. Lost the semi on a penalty that never was - var would have ruled it out.

Not sure on that - over 40k would be a good crowd considering the opposition. All depends on the timing and tv games. There should be no question on the pricing. Kids for a quid etc.
Kids for a quid will be in certain areas of the ground only, don't know where you get over 40k from, there will be more than 50k there easy.

Oh dear! I appear to ruffled a few feathers with my comments. All meant in the best possible taste, of course. ;-)
I've had a long affinity with the Potteries over the years, and I'm pleased to say that I have still many friends down there.

As for the football, which is why we're all here, I visited Vale Park for the one and only time in July 1971 for a pre-season friendly, coming straight from a holiday on the Norfolk Broads with 4 other mates (all blues, of course). The score - I've just googled it -we won 1-0.
If you've not been to the Emptyhad, sorry, Etihad, before, it's nothing like Maine Road. They don't even sell oat cakes. A good away support will make a great atmosphere I'm sure, but, please no WWYWYWS! It's boring.

Good luck. Just enjoy the day. Halifax did when we played there!
I was at that " friendly" it was like a war zone as hundreds of Stoke fans came to cause trouble .( and they did)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.