Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

Referee didn’t look fit. He let them get away with kicking lumps of shit out of us and half the time he missed fouls because he wasn’t looking.

Great performance. Especially pleased for Gabriel - that’s a real confidence booster.

Good coverage by Amazon too. Makes a welcome change to get the praise we deserve

Its not a dig to point out the obvious differences in performances with him int he team and him not in it tonight...defensively we were so much more soild against a very awkward physical team

Rodri could have been MOTM and he offers so much more than Gundogan especially when there is going to be a bit of a battle on the pitch
You can legitimately argue that the points are valid, but I'd guess that all the people that have brought Gundogan's name up tonight in that sense are people who have form for calling him out.

We played really well tonight, our best performance for months and several top individual performances too.
If we're basing things solely off of tonight's game, why are there no comments about how much better we are with Walker and not Cancelo?
Why are there no more than the odd single comment about how much better we are without Mendy, or Mahrez, or Bravo, or Aguero, or Stones, or with Bernardo in CM compared to what we saw tonight?

My point is that people bringing up the fact that they feel we're better without Gundogan is unnecessary and using this performance as a means of putting him down is the same.

EK5aF9DXkAEB3Sz.jpg
Wow that is brilliant, would make a great Christmas Card.

Fantastic wasn't it. Have to say I really enjoyed it.
Sky/BT ect complete and utter tosspots, If i were to watch a game on Sky or BT I'd only put it on just before kick off, turn it off at half time until the second half started and turn it off at full time again, I can't listen to them.
That was really good tonight.
Yep. I do wonder; are they awaree
I wouldn't go that far. Our overall display against Spurs was top drawer, ditto at West Ham. And we were ruthless against Watford. But it was a marked step up on recent weeks.
Fair enough. I missed the Spurs game but I was informed it was a superb display by City. As for the West Ham and Watford games. I watched them and this was different. The spirit for wont of a better word.

Burnley were completely disinterested but we had the professionalism to capitalise on that which is pleasing.

Rodrigo played very well even without his screamer.

Kev is getting back to his best.

Jesus took his goals really well and looked sharp.

Great to get back to winning ways.

Great performances, both individually and as a collective.

Rodri's best game in a City shirt and Gabriel looked like he’s been playing much more regularly than he has. Dinho, Merlin, Kevin and Bernardo all had very good games too.

Four fantastic goals, and it’s very difficult to pick the best. I think the first just takes it., not only for its quality, but also it broke the deadlock and got us on our way. Just disappointing and a little annoying that we couldn’t keep the clean sheet.

I thought it might be a difficult evening, but Burnley were never in it because we didn’t give them the chance to be.

Onwards and upwards. This has set us up nicely for the once-yearly visit to Manchester of those revolting scumbags from Trafford.

Back to our self, that was so important.
Great team performance, pressing much better, many recoveries (esp. by Rodders), confident passing.
And look at the conversion rate!

Gives a good feeling for the lads pre derby.

Great support as well and good to see Pep and team walking over to their fans.

As busy as Bernardo was, he has immense upside potential. Him and Raz on form again and the December could become a positive surprise
when many thought we are about finished.

How much have we missed such a post match feeling like tonight, he?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.