Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

We were better than of late but Burnley looked like they just wanted it out of the way imo.
Even Shearer, who I can't stand, and who generally slags us off, said that we didn't let them get into the game, that we dominated them from start to finish. Dyche said they kept it tight first half, but couldn't really live with us, and that they couldn't even get into the game second half.

I think you should give our players far more credit for tonight, it wasn't about how Burnley played, it was about how we played.

Just got back from the match, an excellent performance, but don't get too excited, Burnley didn't offer much, I expected it to be a much tougher game, but after we scored our second they just gave up.

Sterling was my man of the match, but Phil impressed with some nice touches when he came on.

Don’t like bashing any of our players. Just seen this stat though and it does make you think.

With Rodri as a lone DM we battered West Ham 5-0, Watford 8-0, Brighton 4-0 and now Burnley 4-1. Not once have we scored more than 3 goals this season with Gundogan starting.

Not checked it’s accuracy.

Even Shearer, who I can't stand, and who generally slags us off, said that we didn't let them get into the game, that we dominated them from start to finish. Dyche said they kept it tight first half, but couldn't really live with us, and that they couldn't even get into the game second half.

I think you should give our players far more credit for tonight, it wasn't about how Burnley played, it was about how we played.

Rest of my OP is full of praise and gives loads of credit mate

I thought they weren't at it and were confused without their usual "2 up front to lump it to".

They were hardly stiff competition is what I'm saying. I think a few blues are getting a bit carried away with us beating a bottom half side who were missing their main man.

but don't get too excited, Burnley didn't offer much
That's because we didn't let them, we bullied Burnley on their own patch, something to celebrate, there has been something of a refocus since Saturday I think.

It felt very much after the Newcastle game in January, when we knew we should have won, I think we have had another reboot after playing away at Newcastle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.