Team of the decade

Did any other team get 100 points and score over 100 goals --------- thought not, end of. Although Cole at left back is a fair shout ;-)

De Gea
Vidic CB
Kompany CB
Van Dijk CB
Fernandinho DM
David Silva CM
Yaya CM
KDB AM
Hazard LW
Bale RW
Aguero ST

Rather than start a new thread in case no one's interested, I thought I'd use this one to see what people's opinions are for a City Team of the Decade choosing players at their peak.
My selection would be:

Aguero Tevez
Yaya KDB Silva
Fernandinho
Clichy Dias Kompany Walker
Ederson

Full backs were most difficult with a difficult choice between Walker, Zaba and Richards on the right and Clichy, Kolarov, Zinchenko and Cancelo on the left. In a couple of years I suspect Foden would need to be added and Bernardo was difficult to leave off. Barry would also be a contender for the DM slot but I think Fern gets that.

Thinking the same lol I'd have Kolarov or Clichy before Rose and that's saying something.

De Gea

Zaba Kompany Terry Cole

Kante

Yaya D.Silva

Hazard Aguero Van Persie

Hated picking De Gea and was going to go Cech as he won more. Terry over Van Dickhead all day long won shit loads and was a brilliant defender. Kante no brainer was brilliant for Leicester. Picked A.Cole because he is probably the best LB the Prem has ever seen. I went with Van Persie because he was simply brilliant in his last few years at Arsenal and that season he pretty much single handedly won the rags the title he was a brilliant to watch even with hatred. Hazard absolute no brainer brilliant.
Who’s Terry Cole??

Rather than start a new thread in case no one's interested, I thought I'd use this one to see what people's opinions are for a City Team of the Decade choosing players at their peak.
My selection would be:

Aguero Tevez
Yaya KDB Silva
Fernandinho
Ederson

Full backs were most difficult with a difficult choice between Walker, Zaba and Richards on the right and Clichy, Kolarov, Zinchenko and Cancelo on the left. In a couple of years I suspect Foden would need to be added and Bernardo was difficult to leave off. Barry would also be a contender for the DM slot but I think Fern gets that.
Would have Joe in goals.
Shame how it worked out but for 5 season's at least he was top drawer.
So many brilliant games that won us league's and cups and some amazing champions league games.

My selection would be:

Aguero Tevez
Yaya KDB Silva
Fernandinho
Ederson

Amazed that you don't consider Sterling worth at least an honourable mention. 23, 25 and 31 goals three seasons in a row at his peak. Who else has done anything like that other than Aguero?

As a pure shot stopper, when he was at his height, I'd have Hart over Ederson. But Ed can do so much more than that in general sense I'd have him every time. Those passes the full length of the pitch. I can't actually think of any midfielders that can do that. Except maybe Kev when he gets his arse back in gear…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.