#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go get em my son. Fucking woah. Only saw the highlights but that is exactly what I've been hoping to see from young Gabby

Has Karen commented on his performance? He was twice offside, can't replace Aguero.

On a serious note, we play better with him away from home. He scores most of his goals in away games and the team plays pretty well: Wham (0:5), Everton (1:3), Palace (0:2), Burnley (1:4): 5 goals for Gabby and 14 for the team in just 4 games.

Aguero is now more of a home specialst, especially in the big games.

I’m a doubting Thomas but that’s not to say he played well tonight. However, that’s his best game in about 12 months so he needs to keep it up

A couple more against United and he’ll be well on the way

Literally this. He had a good 45 mins last night and then went AWOL after his 2nd goal.
He really needs performances like last night's 1st half for the next month or so to get his confidence and hunger back up to potentially WC levels.

Literally this. He had a good 45 mins last night and then went AWOL after his 2nd goal.
He really needs performances like last night's 1st half for the next month or so to get his confidence and hunger back up to potentially WC levels.

If he performs for a month like he did for the first half of last night then that's better than any form shown by any of our players in a long time. When was the last time Sergio played like that? Never mind for a month.

It's fairly evident that people have seriously, seriously unreasonable expectations.

Has Karen commented on his performance? He was twice offside, can't replace Aguero.

On a serious note, we play better with him away from home. He scores most of his goals in away games and the team plays pretty well: Wham (0:5), Everton (1:3), Palace (0:2), Burnley (1:4): 5 goals for Gabby and 14 for the team in just 4 games.

Aguero is now more of a home specialst, especially in the big games.

To be fair I don't think anyone would be a satisfactory replacement for Agüero in Karen's eyes.

He was fantastic last night, unsurprisingly, just gutted that flick from Angeliño's volley didn't count.

Think he's better out left cutting in ..He played well but it was Phil Bardsley so let's see him do it against Beeswhacker.

If he can do that against Phil Bardsley then any combination of Jones/Bailly/Lindelof/Maguire will be easy for him.

Feel for him as he is the only player who is in direct competition with a club legend. His 3 finishes last night were off the highest quality. It can be hard to be a striker in a Pep team as you have to stay disciplined. You can go 10 mins with only a few touches of the ball

He is a great striker and a great personality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.