Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

Top quality performance last night in what was on paper a very tricky game. But as Pep wanted, we imposed our way of playing from the off. Even though we did dominate i do not believe that this was us in top gear which is nice to think off.

Rodri had a performance that I hope he starts to now replicate for the remainder of his time at our club. He has the all the attributes to become what we had in Yaya - a player that imposes his presence on the midfield and has a goal threat to boot.

Lets now concentrate on taking a game at a time and put some pressure on liverpool

Onto the derby : )

The genius of pep resonates from that photo...

There hasn’t been a point all season where I’ve felt this is where we kick on now, it was missing a little spirit since Vinny, well that is well and truly put to bed.. I said prior to the game that I was hoping for a similar response to the one post Newcastle last year, and that photo has lit the fire in the belly...

Do we have too much to do?? This is city we are talking about, but we go down fighting, that is all we ask as blues!

It's the media's job to play down any City victory, not their own supporters.

Burnley were woeful because City didn't ALLOW them to be anything other than woeful. It was the most complete performance I've seen from them this season. Their players DID try to press, but we gave a passing masterclass, and it was like they were chasing shadows, It didn't stop their usual after the ball "challenges" though - they weren't woeful in that. And they were helped in their endeavours by that friendly, avuncular, Father Christmas impersonator, John Moss, Even he ran out of steam (no surprises there) in the second half, such was the quality of our movement.
You can only be as good as the quality of the opposition let you. Burnley found out the hard way yesterday.

Right, who's next?

I wasn't playing down our victory, but equally I didn't go over the top when we only drew at Newcastle.
I make my own mind up. We played well, but unlike Newcastle, Burnley didn't have the speed to break behind our Full Back's and win Free Kicks.

They would have gone 5th if they’d won.
True. The gap in quality between City and Burnley was enormous.

How much was down to a superb City performance and how much was down to the ineptitude of Burnley? How do you figure that out?

We need a run of results and performances. I'd love to see that but suspect that it's going to take Laporte's return to trigger it. If we can somehow put a run of results together through December then we will be in good shape because Sane and Laporte should be close to playing by then.

How many goal the last few seasons did we score crossing into the box? It seems like there is a transition happening on how we score goals at the moment and it all came into place last night. Team have been defending the cross too well so we've been trying to create the shot in front of goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.