Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

Sean Dyche is just another Sam Allardyce clone, only on steroids. Absolutely no answer to the type of football we play. Just keeps the exact same tactics when we play them year after year. Defend deep and hit it up the big man up front and hope for set pieces or a lucky break. Then blames the financial clout of the club and says nothing good about us at all.

wonder if the lights not working in the dressing room on arrival was done on purpose by them. Surely not poor gamesmanship by Dyche who always moans about fair play, diving etc but allows his team to play to the tactics of lump it long and the big guys up front collapse to try and win soft free kicks

The tight arse wouldn't put a shilling in the meter.

I wasn't playing down our victory, but equally I didn't go over the top when we only drew at Newcastle.
I make my own mind up. We played well, but unlike Newcastle, Burnley didn't have the speed to break behind our Full Back's and win Free Kicks.
When you qualify the victory by saying "but Burnley were woeful", you are automatically lessening the value of the achievement. Think about it.
Burnley's one and only tactic is to "lump the ball forward to the big man". They have 11 of them. The lack of any threat from them showed the complete success of our tactics and application of those tactics showed how well they worked.
City didn't play well on Saturday, no one can deny it. Newcastle set their stall out at 5-4-1 for the whole of the game. They only wanted to play on the breakaway - that's always been Bruce's philosophy - against us. He's a dour, boring, roll up yer sleeves and graft manager (and player) in the Pulis, BFS and Dyche mould. Had we played even half as well at Sid James' Park as we did last night. that avenue would have been closed, I'm sure. But we didn't and it wasn't.
The joys of being a City fan.

Last edited:
True. The gap in quality between City and Burnley was enormous.

How much was down to a superb City performance and how much was down to the ineptitude of Burnley? How do you figure that out?

We need a run of results and performances. I'd love to see that but suspect that it's going to take Laporte's return to trigger it. If we can somehow put a run of results together through December then we will be in good shape because Sane and Laporte should be close to playing by then.

When City play like they did last night, not many teams can live with them. We've made better teams than Burnley look ordinary.

The United and Arsenal games will give us a good steer on where the team is headed.

When City play like they did last night, not many teams can live with them. We've made better teams than Burnley look ordinary.

The United and Arsenal games will give us a good steer on where the team is headed.

How do you work that out, their both worse than burnley

Never doubt this team that gave us 100 fucking point. Form is temporary but class is permanent. Come on city

When you qualify the victory by saying "but Burnley were woeful", you are automatically lessening the value of the achievement. Think about it.
Burnley's one and only tactic is to "lump the ball forward to the big man". They have 11 of them. The lack of any threat from them showed the complete success of our tactics and application of those tactics showed how well they worked.
City didn't play well on Saturday, no one can deny it. Newcastle set their stall out at 5-4-1 for the whole of the game. They only wanted to play on the breakaway - that's always been Bruce's philosophy - against us. He's a dour, boring, roll up yer sleeves and graft manager (and player) in the Pulis, BFS and Dyche mould. Had we played even half as well at Sid James' Park as we did last night. that avenue would have been closed, I'm sure. But we didn't and it wasn't.
The joys of being a City fan.
Not only were they 11 big men they apart from one player were all big white lads, even the subs coaches etc l think. The clones looked like they had been dragged out of a Young Farmers event. Quite a contrast from the make up the town.

I get a real sense we got our Eye of the Tiger back last night.

We look affronted that people would mock and doubt the greatest club team this country has ever seen in these past two seasons.

All we ask is for our team to play with the pace and purpose of last night.

Rodri's performance last night is as good as you will see anywhere in the world in his position.

My only concern would be when we face teams who have pace through the middle, which is why Dave nor Gundo should play in those circumstances. Leave it to Rodders and give Foden's legs the chance to shine and close down the spaces.

Out of the two fixtures we have this week last night was the trickiest and we dealt with it perfectly. Nice to see a solid back four and no silly mistakes. Thought Angelino did very well and is much better than Mendy.
Apart from Sterling, who seemed to be conserving as much energy as possible, they all worked very hard in order to let the quality shine through. Nice to see some top drawer footy again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.