Can we achieve the unachievable?

Huge ask - even if we win 19 and draw 4 - they would have to drop 19 points from now for us to win it on goal difference. Lets say we beat them at ours that is 16 points from 22 games.

Also look at it this ways - the above from us would get us 93 points.

For them to get 93 they need 17 wins 2 draws and 4 defeats or 16 wins 5 draws 2 defeats.

Highly unlikely i am afraid that they will drop that many or we will get that many.

But if it happened i would masturbate in just my coat and a city scarf right outside the Kop on a match day.

You are probably right on the presumption that they won't get significant injuries or that they won't collapse for some unpredictable reason. As things stand, we have virtually no room for error. We can afford 2 draws from the last 23 games or one defeat.

Let us not forget Leicester in all this. They will have something to say. Before Chrimbo they have both us and the dippers to play. They came close, so close, last season to holding us.

While nothing is impossible while mathematically possible,i just can’t see us catching them this time unfortunately.

Well this is the annoying thing about the Norwich, Wolves and Newcastle results, major wiggle room lost. It's clearly out of our hands and we need to be near perfect from here on in. We badly need them to drop points in December and get that gap closed going into the New Year. Last night will mean nothing if we don't carry that performance on from here.

.. and win all our remaining Premier League games this season..?

The obvious answer is NO.. but in our 100 point season we won 18 on the spin.

There are 23 games left, get on a roll and could it be done..?

The balance, tempo and energy levels tonight were spot on against a solid Premier League team away from home.

Interviews with Gabby, Rodri, Bernardo and Pep tonight tells me we are rolling over for nobody..

We have a team of winners, we're not giving our title up without one hell of a fight..!

There wouldn't be enough wax in the Northern Hemisphere to produce the amount of candles required if we did it..!
Could you imagine pal? They'd never recover

Let us not get carried away. I would be delighted with another domestic trophy, preferably the FA Cup again, plus a semi-final place in the Champions League and finish 20 points ahead of Manure.

.. and win all our remaining Premier League games this season..?

The obvious answer is NO.. but in our 100 point season we won 18 on the spin.

There are 23 games left, get on a roll and could it be done..?

The balance, tempo and energy levels tonight were spot on against a solid Premier League team away from home.

Interviews with Gabby, Rodri, Bernardo and Pep tonight tells me we are rolling over for nobody..

We have a team of winners, we're not giving our title up without one hell of a fight..!

There wouldn't be enough wax in the Northern Hemisphere to produce the amount of candles required if we did it..!
Yes. We have to keep positive, play our best and never give up. Ever.

We need to up our tempo on a more consistent basis.Last night showed what we are capable of,but that requires all eleven/fourteen players to pull their tripe out together.No point in only 6-7 grafting and the others aren`t.
Much much better last night but come on Blue Boys lets see you string another 18+ winning games.

If Liverpool drop points during their Christmas fixture pile up with the world club cup and we're perfect through Christmas then we've got a chance. If the gap is the same as now after January its over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.