Amazon prime

Unable to watch most of last nights game but just watched it on Amazon Prime as an on demand which I eventually found on the tonights football page via my Firestick.

Choice of full game, highlights, extended highlights the manager and player interviews and individual goals.
Impressive first game by Amazon and so glad City performed so well. Even Dyche behaved himself during his post match interview.

(camera nerd mode on)

High Dynamic Range - makes the blacks blacker and the whites whiter. Most cameras cannot mimic the range that the human eye can see so you either get the shadows so dark that you cannot see anything in them or the highlights blown out so they are all maxxed out. HDR is a technique to allow the camera to show both shadows and highlights in better definition than usual. Most phones can do it these days as well but do it by taking two photos with different exposures to capture the shadows and highlights and then combining them.

(camera nerd mode off)
Unfortunately only available if originally used in the cameras and transmitted as such. In other words the TV cannot change an HD transmission to HDR like upscaling from 1k to 4k.

Trains, kids, school night, work night, post-10pm finish. Makes life a lot more difficult when there’s further travel involved.

From a armchair point of view, i like the idea of watching first half of one game, then city, but when attending the game itself it makes it more burdensome. It’s an example of fuck the fans, ££££ is in the TV subscriptions, as usual. IMO of course, and I take the point that not everyone will be arsed.

Okay. But I’d counter than anyone working might find it easier to get to the game on time with it being 8.15.

On the school night issue, any child who isn’t old enough to be up late for a 8.15ko probably shouldn’t be attending a 7.45ko either tbh.

Okay. But I’d counter than anyone working might find it easier to get to the game on time with it being 8.15.

On the school night issue, any child who isn’t old enough to be up late for a 8.15ko probably shouldn’t be attending a 7.45ko either tbh.
Get you, 100% take the point not everyone will agree but IMO, moving a KO back to 8:15 is just stupid and serves little purpose but for the showing on TV, and nothing for the fans attending. However we already live in that world now so...

tax is on profit
Is it?

VAT is on sales. Council Tax is on notional property values. Income tax is on earnings.

Starbucks have never made a profit in the UK in 25 years. They shuffle it off to Luxembourg or somewhere through internal payments. It’s called transfer pricing.

Hence the need to apply tax on sales.

If everyone kicked off at 19:45 they would’ve had a banner about something else - nothing to see here
But the Crystal Palace match kicked off at 19:30?

Were they complaining about 15 minutes?

I have to say, it was a bit funny that in my City group chat I and another manc currently living in the USA were asked not to post for 30-40 seconds after something happened so as to not ruin it for everyone else.

Is it?

VAT is on sales. Council Tax is on notional property values. Income tax is on earnings.

Starbucks have never made a profit in the UK in 25 years. They shuffle it off to Luxembourg or somewhere through internal payments. It’s called transfer pricing.

Hence the need to apply tax on sales.

Yes but in case anyone thinks otherwise you do pay vat on goods bought through Amazon. In the case of Starbucks I can't be bothered looking at their profits or lack thereof but at least they rent many properties paying business rates, create considerable employment for staff who pay tax and NIC, create work for their many suppliers and charge vat on their drinks so I expect they provide a very considerable benefit to the economy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.