UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. But it will be interesting to find out what CAS do. I am not ineterested enough to find out the nature of the charges but the outcome is significant for CFC and by implication City.

I wonder what the nature of their appeal is. The papers don't ever seem to report what CFC's argument is.
They're appealing on the grounds that the games their youngsters played, under the banner of the Premier League Games Programme, didn't class as "official matches" as defined by FIFA. "Official matches: matches played within the framework of organised football, such as national league championships, national cups and international championships for clubs, but not including friendly and trial matches".

"Organised football" is defined as "association football organised under the auspices of FIFA, the confederations and the associations, or authorised by them".

The original rules suggested that U-18's didn't need to be registered to play in trial or friendly games but that wasn't FIFA's intention and that's what we fell foul of. Since Dec 2016, when the regulations were made explicit, we've complied, hence why we only got a fine. Now I'm not a lawyer but it sounds to me like something called the 'Premier League Games Programme' is the very definition of organised football. In addition, when FIFA clarified their rules that required registration of foreign U-18 players in ALL circumstances, Chelsea still continued to play unregistered players from what I can see.

I'm told that Ceferin came to City to see what minor punishment we'd accept to push the whole thing under the carpet. I'm also told that City told him they wouldn't accept any punishment.
These are the rumours that were circulating in Abu Dhabi anyway.
Further discussions occurred during the Grand Prix weekend and nobody is now saying anything. Normally a sign that an agreement has been made (or the City hierarchy have come to an agreed final position).
The next few weeks will be interesting.

Last edited:
I'm told that Ceferin came to City to see what minor punishment we'd accept to push the whole thing under the carpet. I'm also told that City told him they wouldn't accept any punishment.
Further discussions occurred during the Grand Prix weekend and nobody is now saying anything. Normally a sign that an agreement has been made (or the City hierarchy have come to an agreed final position).
Friday 13th Dec 2019?

UEFA have a habit of issuing Adjudicatory judgements on the Friday after the last group match-day. See AC Milan last season. Probably a useful time for them to hold committee meetings etc.

Last edited:
They're appealing on the grounds that the games their youngsters played, under the banner of the Premier League Games Programme, didn't class as "official matches" as defined by FIFA. "Official matches: matches played within the framework of organised football, such as national league championships, national cups and international championships for clubs, but not including friendly and trial matches".

"Organised football" is defined as "association football organised under the auspices of FIFA, the confederations and the associations, or authorised by them".

The original rules suggested that U-18's didn't need to be registered to play in trial or friendly games but that wasn't FIFA's intention and that's what we fell foul of. Since Dec 2016, when the regulations were made explicit, we've complied, hence why we only got a fine. Now I'm not a lawyer but it sounds to me like something called the 'Premier League Games Programme' is the very definition of organised football. In addition, when FIFA clarified their rules that required registration of foreign U-18 players in ALL circumstances, Chelsea still continued to play unregistered players from what I can see.

For about 3 years at that I think.

1000 pages!!

damn

Not quite ;)

I've said before that UEFA are desperate to get off the hook over this. Ceferin and others never wanted this to get to where it has but have been railroaded into it by a little cabal. And I think we know who that cabal consists of. I thought the fact that CAS had come to a decision along with the news that UEFA weren't planning to ban us meant a decision had been reached on an agreed settlement.

I've said before that UEFA are desperate to get off the hook over this. Ceferin and others never wanted this to get to where it has but have been railroaded into it by a little cabal. And I think we know who that cabal consists of. I thought the fact that CAS had come to a decision along with the news that UEFA weren't planning to ban us meant a decision had been reached on an agreed settlement.
Hopefully "The Cabal" will be spitting feathers and chocking on their own vomit.

Hopefully "The Cabal" will be spitting feathers and chocking on their own vomit.
Along with a strongly worded fuck off and stop crying about and reporting City every 5 minutes and concentrate on your own clubs issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.