Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

City out of form, an injury ravaged team, a freezing evening in Lancashire, and a "traditional" stadium where Burnley would bombard City from the air all pointed to City "not fancying it" with their obvious frailties at the back. What we actually got was a City which was recognisably a City team giving its best performance for a good while. Burnley never got into the game and their agricultural thuggery had no effect at all: we controlled the game at all times through our dominance of the possession. Gone was the ponderous passing to players rooted to the spot by their 6" long studs who were supposed to move it on to statuesque front players as at St James' Park; all were replaced by slick one touch passers to players moving into space before being able to make a forward pass to David or KdB, who had got on the wrong side of their midfield. All City players played well - Angelino had his best game so far (whereas he's normally targeted as a weakness), Gabriel was back to his classy self, Rodri was superb and Otamendi rarely under pressure - and we were treated to a display which even the officials, and not even VAR could ruin - and four geat goals. Only sour note was giving away a goal in the last minute. Most enjoyable match for a while. In a very good mood today!

we were treated to a display which even the officials, and not even VAR could ruin - and four geat goals.

Agreed about the performance. Luckily the officials didnt matter, as i thought they missed a clear red for Hendricks challenge on Silva. A miracle that David didnt get injured.

You can legitimately argue that the points are valid, but I'd guess that all the people that have brought Gundogan's name up tonight in that sense are people who have form for calling him out.

We played really well tonight, our best performance for months and several top individual performances too.
If we're basing things solely off of tonight's game, why are there no comments about how much better we are with Walker and not Cancelo?
Why are there no more than the odd single comment about how much better we are without Mendy, or Mahrez, or Bravo, or Aguero, or Stones, or with Bernardo in CM compared to what we saw tonight?

My point is that people bringing up the fact that they feel we're better without Gundogan is unnecessary and using this performance as a means of putting him down is the same.
We are better without him,him,dave and rodders is too slow and gundy gets in daves way,dave is the better player so he shouldn't drop out,he had loads ofspace to work last night without gundy getting in the way

We are better without him,him,dave and rodders is too slow and gundy gets in daves way,dave is the better player so he shouldn't drop out,he had loads ofspace to work last night without gundy getting in the way
I actually though dave was very ineffective last night, personally I feel Gundo would be better served in that position

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.