Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

I was reminiscing last night about various trips to Turf Moor, the one that sticks in my mind is one we lost 2-1. The reason I remember it is because it caused ructions at home because it was Christmas Day, my elder brother and I were Heathens according to Ma. Eventually she saw sense and decided that watching City was more important than being stuck in front of a 12 inch tv. Hard to imagine that we went through the same rigmarole the following day, Boxing Day, we won easily again against Burnley, 4 or 5-1.
Can you imagine the screams today having to play 25th and 26th December. Just to add a final thought I suddenly thought whats all this about us having no history.

I was reminiscing last night about various trips to Turf Moor, the one that sticks in my mind is one we lost 2-1. The reason I remember it is because it caused ructions at home because it was Christmas Day, my elder brother and I were Heathens according to Ma. Eventually she saw sense and decided that watching City was more important than being stuck in front of a 12 inch tv. Hard to imagine that we went through the same rigmarole the following day, Boxing Day, we won easily again against Burnley, 4 or 5-1.
Can you imagine the screams today having to play 25th and 26th December. Just to add a final thought I suddenly thought whats all this about us having no history.

Back in the day, Frank Swift's day I think, so before even my time, City played Plymouth at home on Christmas Day then played at Plymouth on Boxing Day, both teams traveling down together on the overnight train. (Imagine, trains at Christmas.)

Only just seen the match without knowing the result. What a difference from last few games we’ve played! That was really good and showed how we should have been playing all season. Keep that up in every match and we have a chance of catching the dippers in the league and winning the Champions League.

Hi everyone, I'm posting this here because I'm new and haven't yet got posting privileges, but this is a tactical analysis of City/Burnley so it's the perfect pre-derby reading. Pretty good read in my opinion if you're interested in tactics. Just gonna drop it here so if you're interested feel free to give it a browse, if not then no worries! Cheers and come on City!
https://kippaxtactician.sport.blog/2019/12/06/the-tactics-behind-citys-win-v-burnley/

Rodrigo was absolutely excellent last night. Broke up any potential Burnley counter at the first press, consequently, we didn't look under much pressure at the back.

He must have won the ball back at least 7 or 8 times last night, he also used it well, spreading it left and right, driving forward and took his goal lovely.

If we get Laporte back and he comes back in form, we'll win the champions league. In the big games, ferna and rodri in midfield, so much energy and a great blanket in front of the back 4.

I'd play walker, stones, Laporte, Mendy
Fernandinho, Rodri
Sterling KDB Bernardo
Aguero

That wins us the champions league
Full strength, in form - no other Prem team can live with us. Full strength, in form - probably the most feared team in Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.