Rip Bob Willis, another blue gone.

Very sad to hear this, I always enjoyed his scathing criticism of an England debacle on the Verdict or the Debate. Great bowler who had as much influence as Botham on "Botham's Ashes".

RIP Blue.

Just a reminder to our older posters, if you are pissing more than usual and when you do piss it trickles out (no motor as my mate with PC says) get to the quacks. It’s a finger up the arse initially, small price to pay as found early it’s one of the easiest cancers to treat.

RIP Bob Willis, those locks flowing as he steamed in to bowl was a sight to remember, he was one of England’s greatest contemporary bowlers.

Sometimes you hear things that stop you in your tracks a bit..

I wasn't aware he was not well.

A colleague at work mentioned it this afternoon and I had to ask him if he meant Bob Willis the cricketer..

Really sad news, I'm not an avid cricket fan but I liked him a lot, great bowler and a no nonsense commentator, said it as it was and didn't sit on the fence..

Best wishes to his family and RIP Bob..

I was going to say he had a good innings but sadly never did.

The more I see the health problems of more elderly people in the job I do, the more I think 70-75 ain’t such a bad thing. As my mum says though “you won’t be saying that when you get there”

My mum and in laws are heading to mid 70’s now and I can see their health deteriorating. Not very nice to witness to be honest.

For so long the only English bowler who was genuinely quick and hostile, and someone who seemed to have no qualms about going for the jugular, repeatedly. In an age when you wouldn't half cop it, too, that took some guts (or lunacy).

Just watching some old footage and you appreciate how individual bowlers were back then, long meandering run up, head bobbing up and down, ball hand straight down and behind the body, and chest on delivery. Players now would have such idiosyncracies coached out of them long before they made it anywhere near county cricket. RIP.

I remember a young Gooch doing his impressions of Thommo and Willis on the last day of a certain test draw. Rightly or wrongly, I think Willis was on the field when he did it.

A commentator with no time for anything other than the actual play, and will be much missed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.