Las Vegas

Went there on one of my divorce parties. Took a few mates and had a wild time. Think we were supposed to be there for 6 nights and end up staying a lot longer!

Highlight of the trip for me was a bloke we took in his Mid 50s and married. Swore blind he was going to be faithful to his wife and not do strip clubs etc. Several hours later on the first night - he was uttered to speak the words into the ear of a lady of the night (very attractive i might add) "and for that sort of money do i get to lick your ring peace!"

Mad place - go and enjoy.
Well....??? Did 'your mate' tongue her bung?

Well....??? Did 'your mate' tongue her bung?

bunghole-liquors-rudi-user-11807888.png

Probably my favourite place in the world. Went for the 7th time earlier this year and No8 is booked for June next year.

If you want to keep costs down and keep the trip relatively short and sweet, look to go Sunday - Friday for 5 nights and avoid the weekend rates on hotels.
Hotel pricing doesn't really have much rhyme or reason and the prices can vary significantly from week to week.
Try and avoid clashing with any big conferences that might be being held in the city as this will really skew prices and availability.

Location is everything so don't be seduced by dirt cheap rates at Circus Circus or Stratosphere. You can often get somewhere like Excalibur or Ballys for similar money but much better location.
Mid range hotels like Paris, Park MGM, The Linq, Mirage, Treasure Island, Planet Hollywood are all fine and centre Strip.
If you fancy treating yourself then don't auto rule out the 5* hotels like Venetian, Bellagio, Aria etc as sometimes these can be priced pretty modestly for what are stunning hotels (we're staying at the Venetian for 5 nights next June and it's barely £100 a night, but on another set of dates you could be paying triple that, no rhyme or reason)

I'm not a big fan of pre-booking attractions and things like that however if there is something you'll 100% want to do when there (Canyon, shows etc) then I'd get that locked in before you leave to avoid potential disappointment.

September is a good month as long as you don't mind what can be quite intense heat daily. If you're not great in high temps then look more towards March/April or October/November, but note some hotels will close their pools from November onwards for the ''winter''.

Always stay at the Mirage. On the Strip, decent value, well looked-after, not top end, but not low end either. Right next door to many fancier places and in the middle of most active part of the strip, so a pretty simple walk to most things.

Went there on one of my divorce parties. Took a few mates and had a wild time. Think we were supposed to be there for 6 nights and end up staying a lot longer!

Highlight of the trip for me was a bloke we took in his Mid 50s and married. Swore blind he was going to be faithful to his wife and not do strip clubs etc. Several hours later on the first night - he was uttered to speak the words into the ear of a lady of the night (very attractive i might add) "and for that sort of money do i get to lick your ring peace!"

Mad place - go and enjoy.
What other highlights were there mate?

I went for the 1st and supposedly last time in 2014. When I go back in May it will be my 10th trip.

I have stayed in most of the hotels on the strip. As far south as Luxor, as far north as Encore at Wynn and plenty in between. The best hotel ive stayed at was Cosmopolitan and the worst probably Flamingo (although it had a great location). Encore was a beautiful hotel but probably the worst of them all for value for money and location. I don't think there is a perfect hotel in Vegas, some are great hotels with poor location, others have rubbish pools or amenities others have dated rooms etc etc. For value for money, Luxor is tough to beat.

Recommendations:

Hotels - Luxor, NYNY, Cosmo, Mirage, Signature at MGM.

Bars - Chandelier (Cosmo), Rhumbar (Mirage), Alibi (Aria), Carnaval Court (Harrahs), Juniper (Park MGM), Parasol Up/Down (Wynn), Apex (Old Ghostbar, Palms).

Food - Sake Rok, Wing Lei, Virgils, Hells Kitchen, Maggianos Little Italy.

Shows/Concerts - MJ One, Gaga, Criss Angel.

Clubs - Hakassan (MGM), Omnia (Caesars), Light (Mandalay), Voodoo (Rio), Jewel (Aria), Marquee (Cosmo), 1OAK (Mirage).

Wouldn't bother with - Hoover Dam Tour, staying down on Fremont Street.

As others have said, it is an amazing place, go and enjoy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.