Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not denying any of that may be true, but think you've missed my point.

It's obvious from any sport (rugby is a good example) that players play to the ref. If the ref is lenient, they push harder.
Liverpool appear to be being reffed very leniently, and therefore players push the limits further.

None of that means that the players/club are involved in any corruption, other than as beneficiaries. They don't need to be involved to benefit - fixing a match in most team sports by bribing the ref does not require any player involvement.

Not like an FSG owned club to blatantly cheat. Google is your friend.

Not saying they're not a brilliant team and deserve to be top but they're definitely getting some help.

It's obvious to everyone who isn't a Liverpool fan.

Without the decisions they would still be ahead of us in the table by 2 points.

In addition to all the afore mentioned fouls that went unpunished, the D.Mail picked up one I hadn't spotted. Close to the end, Moise Kean is just about to shoot when Hertz van Rental screams in his ear trying to put him off. "Engaging in the dark arts of defending are not beneath him"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...il-van-Dijk-puts-Moise-Kean-SHOUTING-him.html

Yes just read that, guess it's not against the rules just like pretending not to take a corner than quickly taking it. Shouting at forward dont think I have ever seen that in kids or Sunday league games ! Guess anything goes in the premiership..

Yes just read that, guess it's not against the rules just like pretending not to take a corner than quickly taking it. Shouting at forward dont think I have ever seen that in kids or Sunday league games ! Guess anything goes in the premiership..

We used to get told it rated as ungentlemanly conduct, I think - theoretically, I don't think you're not allowed to stand behind an opponent and shout 'leave it' to trick them.

I don't care or mind yelling thing. Nothing wrong with that, screw gentlemanship, it doesn't win you the games. The main problem is they have that article to praise his cleverness while not a single word written about penalty incident or stamping and elbowing situations.

I don't care or mind yelling thing. Nothing wrong with that, every bit helps, screw gentlemanship. The main problem is they have that article to praise his cleverness while not a single word written about penalty incident or stamping and elbowing situations.

It should be done in golf and tennis as well.

We have been conditioned early and often that the scouse ****s will have very little go against them VAR wise. That will not change and by the time the end of the season rolls around, if we don't overhaul them, despite the aide, what they have done will be seen as the greatest football achievement ever. Press will make sure of that.

Still think we'll turn it around tho.

It seems the amount of decisions/good fortune or whatever you want to phrase it as, is being called in to question because of the frequency it is occurring, by football fans only

One of the biggest issues is the media do not want to report it, like the stamp, the elbow and whatever else played out last night, I am yet to see any of it reported or called in to question

The reason for this is last season, over the course of the xmas period where liverpool opened up a 7pt lead the media and pundits started to dream about the title going to anfield. They had already started writing their romance articles and how liverpool had finally ended 29 years of hurt to lift a premier league title

That got stone-walled as soon as their lead crumbled and we went on to retain the title from their grasp - it ruined what the media wanted to publish

If they do go on to win the title then the media will finally get what they want - to publish their romance articles. So anything that stands in the way of this happening or anything that remotely calls in to question results/decisions that should have gone against them, will not be highlighted at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.