Rip Bob Willis, another blue gone.

I have watched Botham's ashes loads of times and of course it was all about Botham but Bob's contribution in that Headingly game was immense the thing i always remember was when Bob was reminiscing about that game and the last ball of the day, Botham hit it and said go, go, go Bob thought he was saying No, no, no and if you watch it he hesitates but eventually has no choice but to run and got in easy. I can just imagine what he really wanted to say "i thought that bastard Botham was going to run me out". He was so watchable in the debate unlike all the others who just sit on the fence and never want to criticise anyone or anything, so won't be watching that again.

RIP Bob

I'm shocked and very sad to learn of Bob Willis's passing. What a shock. He was a great but underrated bowler. They didn't talk about him as being great at the time in the 70s and 8os but he was. With his long run up from at least half way to the boundary with the ball gripped tightly behind his back, frizzy hair flopping with every stride before release in the blink of an eye. Normally swinging inwards, with movement off the seam, he was a proper fast bowler, and what a bowler - who can forget his 8 for 43 to beat the Aussies in 1981,and of course he was often...
RGD Willis Not Out 0

Thanks for so many happy childhood memories. Rest in peace, Blue.

Never really got the credit at the time for that 81 test, Bothams 140 to set it up took the limelight away from a fantastic spell of bowling. Our only real fast bowler of the era, RIP Herr Flopping

Make me piss you lot, Gary Rhodes passes away and every joke under the sun is posted within 10 minutes of his heart stopping. A guy passes away who might have supported City and the forum goes into mourning

no mate, boyhood hero to me, and apparently others on this forum, top player, top pundit and seemingly genuine good guy, thats why this is a respectful thread

Very sad re the premature death of Bob. Loved listening to him on the cricket debate where he didn’t care what he said. Funny story told by Michael Atherton in that he came out into the middle as a number 11 and forgot his bat.

he sold it "as new" when he retired :)

no mate, boyhood hero to me, and apparently others on this forum, top player, top pundit and seemingly genuine good guy, thats why this is a respectful thread

Surely if anybody dies suddenly leaving loved ones behind then they deserve a bit of repect?

Surely if anybody dies suddenly leaving loved ones behind then they deserve a bit of repect?

of course they do, but that's not the point you were making in your original post. Personally I have far more personal respect for what Bob Willis did than what Gary Rhodes did, irrespective of whether he was a blue or not, and it seems I'm not alone in that. If ou look for the other Bob Willis RIP thread you'll see I had no idea he was a blue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.