Kalidou Koulibaly

Selling Sane would fund this and sort out the foreign player quota we were hampered with in the summer.

Sane is as good as gone (and has been since the summer, when we should have sold him and replaced him with a CB), so there's no point faffing around when our glaring issue is at CB - not on the wings, where we are stocked enough as it is.

I'd much rather we sign a genuine world class player like Koulibaly for an extortionate fee, rather than Soyuncu (for what we essentially be a similar price). He may be a lot older, but he's immeasurably better and would instantly give us the best CB pairing in the world alongside Laporte.

I agree with this entirely but we just won't do it. Koulibaly is a player who'd instantly transform that back four. With him and Laporte you'd absolutely have one of the best CB pairings in the world. Not just that but it then changes our whole shape of how we're playing. If Koulibaly and Laporte are comfortable at the back then the midfield become comfortable also.

I would agree with this line of thinking. Pep's likely only here for another 1-3 years. Get him a world class CB at his peak to partner Laporte and win everything.

We've got Eric Garcia and Taylor Harwood-Bellis coming through as well, so we could have some bright young players drip fed into the side over 3 years or so like Foden has been while behind a world class midfield. I'm sure they'd learn a lot from a seasoned veteran of Italian defending as well.

He would be expensive but it’s definitely worth it. Koulibaly has everything. Should be a good time to test Napoli as well given their current problems.

Imagine selling otamendi, sane, mahrez. (Personally I'd sell gundogan aswell)
Letting ferna and david go.
Bring through foden, garcia, harwood bellis, doyle and braaf.
Bring in koulibaly, mbappe and a back up for rodri.
That squad is set for big things.

Imagine selling otamendi, sane, mahrez. (Personally I'd sell gundogan aswell)
Letting ferna and david go.
Bring through foden, garcia, harwood bellis, doyle and braaf.
Bring in koulibaly, mbappe and a back up for rodri.
That squad is set for big things.

Letting go five experienced first teamers and replacing them with five youngsters with next to no experience won’t be the smoothest of transitions. Mbappe will cost a fortune, unless we wait another two years.

Letting go five experienced first teamers and replacing them with five youngsters with next to no experience won’t be the smoothest of transitions. Mbappe will cost a fortune, unless we wait another two years.
We only need 2 key players and this team will be untouchable. Koulibaly, will bring experience to the back line. That's what we are missing. Mbappe is expensive we could always go a level below like bailey but if we push for him we save money for the aguero replacement as well as sane position. We need more pace and directness and he ticks all the boxes. Both do.

This isn’t going to happen but it would transform our back 4 and allow us to play with more confidence. The cost would be prohibitive given its Napoli and their idiot owner.

The fella is 28. Pay the 60/70m and get it done this week. He will majorly upgrade our defence, esp alongside Ayms.
Bloody need a left back too, Angelino is far too slow and no awareness of space, mendy is now like mangala and Zinchenko is always a weak spot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.