Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Anyone seen the new PSG Training facility??
€250Million scheduled for completion in 2022. And 30mins from PSG Stadium.

looks like they have taken our Team locker room (circular design) and huge logo in middle ...(min 2:47in video) room and copied it.

Ours, I think size wise is bigger, and have to say bit more well thought out as it is in close proximity to stadium.

thoughts???

Architecture of the entrance hall of that main building looks very classy. Ours is quite basic.

But yeah looks on a par with ours overall. Very impressive.

I agree that a lot hinges on the North Stand decision. The shuttle buses could be done though. As far as I know, there's just one lot of buses waiting on Ashton New Road after the game and once they're goen, they're gone. In Liverpool they have the Soccerbus that runs from Sandhills station to Anfield/Goodison and back after the game. They come back once they've done their first run after a game finishes. I usually use that when at matches there.

I've just come back from Pittsburgh and was in a restaurant there which ran shuttle buses to Steelers games at Heinz Field. There's no reason the NQ and Ancoats bars/pubs/eateries couldn't get together and do the same. The problem, as you allude to, is having the will to do it.

I don't know if you went to Monchengladbach. But they had dozens and dozens of Bus's outside the stadium to take you back to the Centre and Train Station.
They had barriers there and the queuing system was very orderly and our course free of charge.
I would like to see City do something for the ordinary fan.
Every time something is unveiled it's for The Corporates. Or the people who are prepared to pay more.
For example there is a building across the road from the South Stand which I think was once an Indian Restaurant.
It is well fenced has two floors. So why couldn't the Club lease this and open it up as Bar on match days.

I don't know if you went to Monchengladbach. But they had dozens and dozens of Bus's outside the stadium to take you back to the Centre and Train Station.
They had barriers there and the queuing system was very orderly and our course free of charge.
I would like to see City do something for the ordinary fan.
Every time something is unveiled it's for The Corporates. Or the people who are prepared to pay more.
For example there is a building across the road from the South Stand which I think was once an Indian Restaurant.
It is well fenced has two floors. So why couldn't the Club lease this and open it up as Bar on match days.
I know its not for everyone, but walking back to Picadilly is generally far quicker than waiting for a bus and then plodding all the way into town. There are usually plenty of buses, they just take forever.

Think somebody touched on it, but I'd like to see a Manchester Music attraction/interactive museum built next to the new arena. Think it would do pretty well alongside the new arena.
Fantastic idea!

I have a lot of Playlists on Apple Music. I’m currently building up my Manchester playlist and I’m only up to the mid 1990s and have got 281 songs at 22 hours 15 minutes. And that’s only songs I like, I’ve not bothered with songs or even bands I don’t like (missed out dozens of songs from bands I do like and bands I don’t like haven’t even made it; not got any Take That on there, for example).

The sheer mass of bands and artists we’ve produced as a city is up there with London and New York. It’s ridiculously huge. Our music culture and history is arguably as big as both of our football clubs.

We should have a museum, it’s one thing that is missing from this city, and having it at Etihad Campus would be brilliant!

Fantastic idea!

I have a lot of Playlists on Apple Music. I’m currently building up my Manchester playlist and I’m only up to the mid 1990s and have got 281 songs at 22 hours 15 minutes. And that’s only songs I like, I’ve not bothered with songs or even bands I don’t like (missed out dozens of songs from bands I do like and bands I don’t like haven’t even made it; not got any Take That on there, for example).

The sheer mass of bands and artists we’ve produced as a city is up there with London and New York. It’s ridiculously huge. Our music culture and history is arguably as big as both of our football clubs.

We should have a museum, it’s one thing that is missing from this city, and having it at Etihad Campus would be brilliant!
Sorry PC but you of all people should know that there is only ONE football club in Manchester!!!!

I know its not for everyone, but walking back to Picadilly is generally far quicker than waiting for a bus and then plodding all the way into town. There are usually plenty of buses, they just take forever.

I don't disagree and in Summer I do walk.
But I don't see why I should get pissed wet though when there is no reason an adequate transport service could be provided.
I quite often stay in Town for a few Beers and don't want to be soaking wet with steam coming off me.
So most times a couple of us jump a taxi.

I don't disagree and in Summer I do walk.
But I don't see why I should get pissed wet though when there is no reason an adequate transport service could be provided.
I quite often stay in Town for a few Beers and don't want to be soaking wet with steam coming off me.
So most times a couple of us jump a taxi.
Yes agreed. I got absolutely soaked walking back after the Chelsea game and it was pretty miserable. My point is just adding more buses won’t really help unless somehow they can make them quicker back into town. No idea what the answer is, but I don’t think adding more buses would make any difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.