Protecting your car over winter

I was more wondering the last time it was minus 20c in Woodley :-)
When I bought the first one in Dec '78, that heralded the start of the worst winter/coldest weather I can remember. I think the lowest recorded temperature reached -25c in Shropshire, with several temperatures between -20c and -25c. I lived at that time in Millbrook, with views over Buckton Castle, and it did hit -20c on at least one occasion. the only way off the estate was uphill and on several occasions impossible/impassable.

If you have the energy to wash prep clay polish and finally wax then this is mighty fine stuff.

kJKQltk.jpg

Personally after spending two days on two cars I will now be taking them to a detailer for around the £150-£200 mark and pick up the next day. They have the right equipment and mentality to do a first class job and I for one after doing the sums do not begrudge them the equivalent of £3-£4 a week and neither should you. Its not worth the fooking about.

If you have the energy to wash prep clay polish and finally wax then this is mighty fine stuff.

kJKQltk.jpg

Personally after spending two days on two cars I will now be taking them to a detailer for around the £150-£200 mark and pick up the next day. They have the right equipment and mentality to do a first class job and I for one after doing the sums do not begrudge them the equivalent of £3-£4 a week and neither should you. Its not worth the fooking about.
Is dropping it off then picking it up the next day and paying £200 for a good clean not fooking about ?

Is dropping it off then picking it up the next day and paying £200 for a good clean not fooking about ?

Not at all our-kid. Drop of car ...off to pub... a few scoops..Taxi home.
Taxi to Detailers the next day to bear witness to a highly professional job from guys that know their trade inside out.
Pay notes and then ride of into the sunset as giddy as fook.

It's false economy groveling two days on yer belly for £4 a week.

Last edited:
Not at all our-kid. Drop of car ...go to pub...have a few scoops..Taxi home.
Sit on computer rest of day pap about scratching nuts followed by a right riveting Moon-walk.
Taxi to Mr Detailers the next day to bear witness to a highly professional job from guys that know their trade inside out.
Pay notes and then ride of into the sunset as giddy as fook.

It's false economy groveling two days on yer belly for £4 a week.

Get it done at home by someone mobile then you dont have to check the mileage, I knew someone who took their Range Rover to a valeters only to have it returned with a weekly Tesco shopping in the back.....

Get it done at home by someone mobile then you dont have to check the mileage, I knew someone who took their Range Rover to a valeters only to have it returned with a weekly Tesco shopping in the back.....
Strange world, someone does a full weekly shop, then forgets they have just done a full weekly shop, and then leave the full lot in the boot

kJKQltk.jpg

Come to that conclusion myself, got a fella coming to valet, detail and clay it while it's in the work's car park.

Top notch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.