FA Cup R3 - Port Vale (H) - Sat 04/01 - 5:31pm

It is any ones guess. TV companies, will probably have the last word on it though, While you over well worth doing the stadium tour.Also check out if any supporters branches have got any events going as the trophies will be on display. Good luck with your trip

I plan to do the tour and lots of free stuff. Will be looking for suggestions closer to the departure date.
Can't wait.

Never seen Port Vale play but they had one famous F.A. Cup run when they got to the semi-final as a Third Division club in 1954. Beat the likes of Southport and Darlington along the way and Stan Matthews's Blackpool. Lost the semi on a penalty that never was - var would have ruled it out.
Seen em beat us at vale and at Maine road unfortunately

Yeah, it is. It tends to be men who go to football, it’s men that don’t typically talk about mental health and suicide is the biggest killer of 18-30yr olds - it’s an ideal place for it

I like to go to a match to watch a game of football.

I'm sick of being preached at by whichever special interest group is currently the flavour of the month.

I like to go to a match to watch a game of football.

I'm sick of being preached at by whichever special interest group is currently the flavour of the month.

You are not being ‘preached’ to. You are asked to take 1 minute to encourage, particularly young men, to talk to each other in an attempt to ultimately prevent male suicide. And given the majority of football fans are men, doing something like this at a football match is an ideal place to start

If it saves one life, potentially the person you sit next to, then I’d say it’s worth it

You are not being ‘preached’ to. You are asked to take 1 minute to encourage, particularly young men, to talk to each other in an attempt to ultimately prevent male suicide. And given the majority of football fans are men, doing something like this at a football match is an ideal place to start

If it saves one life, potentially the person you sit next to, then I’d say it’s worth it

I am being preached to and I don't like it.

It's tokenism pure and simple and will achieve nothing.

If at the end of the minute, as a consequence of your 60 seconds reflection, you decide to commit significant time and money to an appropriate mental health charity, by volunteering your time and making a non trivial ongoing financial commitment to that charity, then I applaud you and retract my objection. As this is very unlikely I'd suggest at the end of the minute you will have achieved fuck all. You might as well say a little prayer everyday to your preferred imaginary friend.

For the record I'm spending my minute thinking of Kylie in the 'Can't Get You Out of My Head' video - nah, nah, nah etc.

And finally I'd like to point out that virtue signalling is not an attractive behavioural trait - it's essentially showing off and attention seeking - and it just demonstrates your herd mentality - try and think things through for yourself now and again - very often if it looks like bollocks it probably is.

I am being preached to and I don't like it.

It's tokenism pure and simple and will achieve nothing.

If at the end of the minute, as a consequence of your 60 seconds reflection, you decide to commit significant time and money to an appropriate mental health charity, by volunteering your time and making a non trivial ongoing financial commitment to that charity, then I applaud you and retract my objection. As this is very unlikely I'd suggest at the end of the minute you will have achieved fuck all. You might as well say a little prayer everyday to your preferred imaginary friend.

For the record I'm spending my minute thinking of Kylie in the 'Can't Get You Out of My Head' video - nah, nah, nah etc.

And finally I'd like to point out that virtue signalling is not an attractive behavioural trait - it's essentially showing off and attention seeking - and it just demonstrates your herd mentality - try and think things through for yourself now and again - very often if it looks like bollocks it probably is.

What does ‘virtue signalling’ actually mean? It’s one of those phrases that crop up online that no one uses in real life when people are trying to raise awareness

Asking people to take 1 minute(1 minute!) to think of mate is ok who may seem a little off doesn’t seem like a big deal to me. You’ll still be getting 90 minutes of football, just turn up at 3:01 if you don’t like it.

I bet you spent longer than a minute on this thread, so your time clearly isn’t *that* valuable.

I welcome it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.