Marathon Bet confirmed as new training kit partner

Might be wrong but with Amazon now entering the world of football streaming, I highly doubt they would formalise an alliance with one of the Premier League clubs that they are supposed to be impartially covering. Could you imagine the outcry if Sky were Liverpool’s shirt sponsor? (They might as well be, but I think you see my point!)

Arsenal's lead sponsor also sponsor the FA Cup and no one seems to care much.

Club have done a good job keeping the name under wraps.... no leaks at all.

Might be wrong but with Amazon now entering the world of football streaming, I highly doubt they would formalise an alliance with one of the Premier League clubs that they are supposed to be impartially covering. Could you imagine the outcry if Sky were Liverpool’s shirt sponsor? (They might as well be, but I think you see my point!)
That's a very good point mate. A broadcaster entering a competitive market is not going to want to damage future revenues and perception amongst rival fans.

Club have done a good job keeping the name under wraps.... no leaks at all.
Jack Gaughan's article suggests anannouncement is due this afternoon. I'd be surprised if it doesn't break before then.

Apparently Carabao pay Chelsea FC £30m over 3 seasons for a similar deal. £100m plus must be a long term deal. An 8 figure sum sounds huge but it really depends on the rate as far as our revenue is concerned. We should be able to beat Chelsea's deal?

Jack Gaughan's article suggests anannouncement is due this afternoon. I'd be surprised if it doesn't break before then.

Apparently Carabao pay Chelsea FC £30m over 3 seasons for a similar deal. £100m plus must be a long term deal. An 8 figure sum sounds huge but it really depends on the rate as far as our revenue is concerned. We should be able to beat Chelsea's deal?

An 8 figure sum is somewhere between £10,000,000 - £99,999,999

it can't be £100m plus?

Isn't it likely to be Nissan?.......they seem to like us?
Could be literally any company. Insurance and drinks companys are amongst existing training kit sponsors. Who wants their names on football shirts? Everyone it seems, especially betting companies.

I am quite interested to know if it will be linked to our owner. It would be very helpful if it is not.

The equity sales (Chinese Media and Silver Lake), Puma deal, and a non UAE training kit deal would just about kill off allegations that City are a UAE proxy. Of course the allegations would be made but the intellectual argument would be destoyed. It would become obvious that City's financial figures have a basis in reality independent of the UAE. Is this important, probably not but it matters in terms of the arguments and smear that fans go on about.

An 8 figure sum is somewhere between £10,000,000 - £99,999,999

it can't be £100m plus?
Yes you're right. I had the idea 10 to the 8 in mind but way the reporter has written it, it will be up to 100m.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.