Marathon Bet confirmed as new training kit partner

Ocean-Finance.jpg

I hope it's just on the players' ones like the Cityzens stuff was a few years ago. I buy the nicer training kits instead of the match shirts because they don't have a sponsor!

Arsenal's lead sponsor also sponsor the FA Cup and no one seems to care much.
Because Emirates are not delivering football to our screens. We have little to no involvement with them as football fans on a regular basis. They are an airline. Part of Amazon/Sky’s daily operation is within the football industry. The exposure is greater, the influence is greater.

So are Man City now so cceptable and palatable that commerical companies want their logos on our shirts?

We are both very popular, and loathed but it feels like more people loathe City than love us. Is that just a British phenomenon?

Because Emirates are not delivering football to our screens. We have little to no involvement with them as football fans on a regular basis. They are an airline. Part of Amazon/Sky’s daily operation is within the football industry. The exposure is greater, the influence is greater.
Arsenal also carry visit Rwanda on their shirts. Atletico were sponsored by Azerbaijan. Leicester (former League champions) and current title challengers are owned by KIng Power associated with the Thai Monarchist- Military junta. However, these clubs are not seen as rivals to Utd and Liverpool so there's no need for their media agents to smear them.

So are Man City now so cceptable and palatable that commerical companies want their logos on our shirts?

We are both very popular, and loathed but it feels like more people loathe City than love us. Is that just a British phenomenon?

Already are, Nexen is on our shirts, reportedly City get 20% more for their sleeve deal than Liverpool do, it's something which I like to share with Liverpool fans when they bang on about our commercial revenue being falsely inflated.

There was an American guy on TalkSport yesterday talking about the New England Patriots. He said they are absolutely loathed, seen as the evil empire, “imagine Manchester City on steroids.”

I remember chatting with a group of Dortmund fans in Germany a few years ago and they all saw us as “the enemy of football” and actually thought we’d only been formed 10 years ago

Unfortunately, the media around the world perpetuate much the same bullshit about us as the media here does. I think it’s down to a mixture of things - a huge United and Liverpool fan base working as journalists and our naive PR strategy over the last 10 years, (which thankfully, seems to be changing this year, at long last).

Don’t get excited yet, VAR will be looking for the whole deal to be ruled OFFSIDE and unfair

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.