Was anything better in days gone by?

In answer to my own question, one thing that was definitely better was public transport.

There were frequent local buses during the day, in the evening and even a few during the night. You could go out at night and be sure of getting a bus back home at whatever time. It might be better in big city centres, but if you live in a smaller place or out in the country these days, you simply have to have a car.

Buses ran at Christmas as well, as did trains. I know that they had to be staffed and someone had to work at festive times, but there were generally enough volunteers to avoid drivers being forced to work unsocial hours.

It's all changed for youngsters these days though. We had no phones, internets, computer games, 800 channels of shite to keep us indoors. Just a load of mates and an active imagination. No need for imagination these days if you can ride a horse slowly around the map in rdr2.
Us "Millenials" (not that i ever call myself that!) had no phones or internet when we were younger neither. Nobody in my group of mates really had a mobile phone until we were about 18 in 2000, i might have been 19 before i had one thinking back. We did have computer games but i've never played them, never been my thing, and we had 800 channels but we spent more time playing music, DJing or playing instruments (some mates were in bands).

Not much plastic around, which in my opinion is the worse thing we have made, milk in bottles, mineral in bottles, fish and chips not in plastic trays, wooden forks not plastic ones to go with them, vegetables loose not wrapped in cling film what’s that all about, hardly anything wrapped in plastic now everything is vacuumed wrapped in the shit.

'Mineral'

Are you Blanche from Coronation St?

Go on, what's wrong with millenials?

They want everything but want someone else to do it for them. They can’t even verbally communicate properly, they grunt rather than speak words.

@Psychedelic Casual has however in his post made me realise that millennials are classed as those born 1981 - 1996, so the generation today are post millennials that I was really referring to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.