Marathon Bet confirmed as new training kit partner

Disappointing that. Guess we won't be buying Mbappe anytime soon then.

Was hoping it'd be a big company awash with cash.

I wish we could get something going with Amazon or Microsoft, put the final nail in the coffin of ffp.

Apologies I was being a bit flippant.

But so many clubs have gambling sponsors these days I'd hope it won't be a problem.
No need to apologise. Only this week Andros Townsend was talking about blowing £46k in one day as a 23 year old and I think clubs have a moral duty to not accept sponsorship from gambling companies. Not only does it IMO condone gambling but players / clubs are potentially open to 'issues' of credibility shall we say. Appears to be quite a few instances of players earning a few bob extra from playing a certain way. The game is turning into WWE with all the fixing that goes on and gambling companies can potentially make a few bob by being involved and manipulating certain scenarios

No need to apologise. Only this week Andros Townsend was talking about blowing £46k in one day as a 23 year old and I think clubs have a moral duty to not accept sponsorship from gambling companies. Not only does it IMO condone gambling but players / clubs are potentially open to 'issues' of credibility shall we say. Appears to be quite a few instances of players earning a few bob extra from playing a certain way. The game is turning into WWE with all the fixing that goes on and gambling companies can potentially make a few bob by being involved and manipulating certain scenarios

I have to declare an interest here; I earn my living writing software for the big gambling companies.
I don't gamble myself and happen to think that only a tiny percentage of those who do gamble have a problem with it.
But I've noticed the regulations getting tighter and tighter around gambling and I wonder if it will get to the stage where gambling companies are not allowed to sponsor sporting clubs / competitions, rather like the tobacco companies were forced out a couple of decades ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.