Was anything better in days gone by?

1. Housing situation was far better. More supply, less demand, cheaper houses. Politicians of all parties cared about homelessness rather than selling them off to landlords.

2. Knife crime and acid attacks were less frequent

3. Could be wrong on this but more jobs were manual labour when the country had a bigger manufacturing base. That's a far more suitable and enjoyable type of work for some people. Not everyone is academic and they shouldn't be pushed by the state to go to uni to do a mickey-mouse degree and land themselves in loads of debt

4. Less congestion on the roads due to lower population. Good for playing out but good from getting from A to B too if you owned a car. The traffic In Manchester has got horrendous even as recent as the last 5 years.

5. Not having to wait a month for a GP appointment

6. Abandoned houses - always good to play football against or play hide and seek in. Far less of them in today's housing climate.

the old days were good, times are good now, it all depends how good you make it, hard work helps, I learnt that many years ago

Flying - utter nightmare the thought of going to an airport now queuing for ages everywhere being shouted at to take your belt and shoes off, to get ripped off at every stage of the process From the moment you go online to book your flight with everyone paying priority on everything just to get the fuck out of the place and then to finally take your seat on the chav express bucket airline flight with some piss head in a sombrero next to you
Yep.
Used to fly loads pre 9/11, shit airlines and overseas stag & hen do’s.
Very rarely fly now, plenty of good places in the UK to see before I cark.

Open spaces for kids to play on and not wander the streets.

Seems like every tiny bit of land is built on nowadays.

Long gone are the days of going out in the morning with your pals, playing footie, building dens, etc all day in the field and then coming home at dusk.

Six weeks holidays, my parents hardly saw me, other than bed time, occasionally dinner time or for a drink, and tea time.

Halycon days in the late 70's and early 80's

Sentimental...me???

I did all of that as a kid and im only 30, you can still do all that it's not changed.

i miss maine road helens bell the smell of pipe and housewives choice in razzle oh and the smell of stale beer finally getting full of coffee / piss at the scoreboard end at the swamp red shits

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.