Marathon Bet confirmed as new training kit partner

The deal with MarathonBet may exceed £10 million per year. In the upcoming season, Manchester City will earn £140m- 145m from four major sponsors: Etihad Airways, PUMA, Nexen Tire and MarathonBet. [via @Lu_Class_]

Ooh get boiling piss everyone

I'm just saying the club are better than this. We don't need it.

Were not. People might want to kid themselves on here, but were a business run like every other and want to make the largest financial gain from our sponsorship deals.

I would much prefer our money came from different sources, and I can under the sentiments, but many years ago I lost the romanticised view were any different. Were no worse or no better its just the way it is and as fans we have very little influence.

Shite. Great to have a training kit sponsor but this should not be a betting company after all of the publicity this year.

I was hoping it would be a company not related to Abu Dhabi just so the snipers couldn't snipe but this is a far bigger error on City's part than that would have been IMO

Shite. Great to have a training kit sponsor but this should not be a betting company after all of the publicity this year.

I was hoping it would be a company not related to Abu Dhabi just so the snipers couldn't snipe but this is a far bigger error on City's part than that would have been IMO
Why?

1/2 of PL clubs and 17/24 Championship clubs have gambling companies as their main shirt sponsor. So how is it such an error to have a gambling company on training gear?

It isn't, its from Alderney (for tax I suspect) with its HQ in Brighton, and a CEO that's Russian.
His post reads as if he’s aware of that fact mate. But he’s saying an AD sponsor would have been better than a gambling firm.

Why?

1/2 of PL clubs and 17/24 Championship clubs have gambling companies as their main shirt sponsor. So how is it such an error to have a gambling company on training gear?

Because we're better than that. We should have companies scrambling to be part of us and thus shouldn't have to go with a gambling company. FWIW the other clubs who have these as sponsors should be banned from doing so

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.