Marathon Bet confirmed as new training kit partner

The deal with MarathonBet may exceed £10 million per year. In the upcoming season, Manchester City will earn £140m- 145m from four major sponsors: Etihad Airways, PUMA, Nexen Tire and MarathonBet. [via @Lu_Class_]

Ooh get boiling piss everyone

That can’t be right everyone knows the Sheikh makes fake deals to launder his dirty oil money through our dodgy sponsors, plus he buys masses and masses of tickets as we have empty seats at home.

I don't care about the morality of gambling but I am sick of seeing so much gambling sponsors and advertising in the game.
No more than I would be sick of seeing a ton of fast food or real estate advertising though.

I don't care about the morality of gambling but I am sick of seeing so much gambling sponsors and advertising in the game.
No more than I would be sick of seeing a ton of fast food or real estate advertising though.
Real estate advertising?

His post reads as if he’s aware of that fact mate. But he’s saying an AD sponsor would have been better than a gambling firm.
Yeah I'm aware of that, but something with no connection to AD is better regardless of what they do. These appear to have roots in the old CIS group of countries (though it doesn't say which one), the old Soviet block, I'm sure there'll be investigations already in progress to see if there are any oligarch links, to beat us with alongside the gambling stick that'll be used.

As I said, I'm not keen on kids wear advertising gambling, but anyone with kids who is really against it just shouldn't buy it.

Why?

1/2 of PL clubs and 17/24 Championship clubs have gambling companies as their main shirt sponsor. So how is it such an error to have a gambling company on training gear?
There is a lot of betting going on amongst players,i don't think it's a responsible message to send to children

Oh literally just watching jeremy vine from this mornings show and he says that there is 55,000 problem gamblers under 16 in the country and is it time to ban betting ads,i don't know where that stat is from but he usually deals in facts on his show,600,000 problem gamblers in the country and many suicides attributed to gambling

Edit,it's because kris kamara is on and his dad was a gambler and also talking about gambling ads between games,he advocates responsible gambling but that's difficult to stop once you are addicted

Last edited:
This isn’t a go at you in any way shape or form.... but.... it’s 2019, it’s be great if some cûnt wasn’t deciding what was morally right or wrong for me to do (legally) in my spare time and with my spare cash.
I agree mate. Couldn't care less really.

Will be another stick to beat us with no doubt by the media however.

Nah none of those things either. A normal, law abiding bloke that did his best for his family.

All the things you mentioned above aren’t lawful fwiw. Gambling is.

You're employing classic evade and distract tactics. We're not talking about legality here, we're talking about promotion.

I wish City had not deepened its relationship with its gambling sponsor, because, while it is perfectly legal to gamble, its downsides, particularly for those least able to afford it, are there for any that care to look.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.