FA Cup R3 - Port Vale (H) - Sat 04/01 - 5:31pm

I have an FA Cup question.
The semi finals are to be held on the weekend of 18/19th of April which is when we are supposed to be playing Newcastle.
Assuming we make the semis, when would the game be likely postponed to? Wed/Thursday of the following week as we are getting to the business end of the season and there wouldn't be many openings available?

I'm asking as I am planning to go to the UK for a holiday and watch City (for my first overseas holiday) and this is the most ideal game to watch. I have booked return tickets but my whole holiday and what I'm doing/visiting is based on when the Newcastle game is on.
Any vague ideas based on history?
Could depend on if City are still in Europe or not. If not there may be a free week in between the quarter and semi final.
Way too early to predict. Dont forget the game due to be played on the weekend of the QF will have to be rearranged too and if still in Europe will be tight to fit in.
If we do make the semi final why not go to Wembley instead and you still get to see a game.

What does ‘virtue signalling’ actually mean? It’s one of those phrases that crop up online that no one uses in real life when people are trying to raise awareness

Asking people to take 1 minute(1 minute!) to think of mate is ok who may seem a little off doesn’t seem like a big deal to me. You’ll still be getting 90 minutes of football, just turn up at 3:01 if you don’t like it.

I bet you spent longer than a minute on this thread, so your time clearly isn’t *that* valuable.

I welcome it

So which charity will you be volunteering for?

I stand by my post. Actions speak louder than words. Talk is cheap.

If you have a friend who's depressed, I'd hope a wank initiative like this has zero impact on whether you actually help him or not.

If we don't win I'll feel suicidal, so spare a thought for me at the final whistle.

So which charity will you be volunteering for?

I stand by my post. Actions speak louder than words. Talk is cheap.

If you have a friend who's depressed, I'd hope a wank initiative like this has zero impact on whether you actually help him or not.

If we don't win I'll feel suicidal, so spare a thought for me at the final whistle.

Pathetic, quite frankly

Not an argument that mate, just stamping your feet.

Not at all. I thought we were having a serious discussion about the benefits of young men feeling comfortable talking about their mental health to friends/family with an ultimate aim of reducing male deaths from suicide, which is the biggest killer of young men

Yet you reduced it to the type of arguments that are often handed around about refugees, the homeless etc ‘if you can about them so much then put them in your spare room’ - it is not necessarily about me or you. It is about government action to improve mental health provisions across the board, it’s about people feeling comfortable to talk rather than top themselves.

It’s pretty straightforward stuff and I find it remarkable for the sake of a minutes difference to kick off time people have an issue with it

Not at all. I thought we were having a serious discussion about the benefits of young men feeling comfortable talking about their mental health to friends/family with an ultimate aim of reducing male deaths from suicide, which is the biggest killer of young men

Yet you reduced it to the type of arguments that are often handed around about refugees, the homeless etc ‘if you can about them so much then put them in your spare room’ - it is not necessarily about me or you. It is about government action to improve mental health provisions across the board, it’s about people feeling comfortable to talk rather than top themselves.

It’s pretty straightforward stuff and I find it remarkable for the sake of a minutes difference to kick off time people have an issue with it

I'll ignore your attempt at deflection and repeat the question.
In what way will a ridiculous initiative like this change your behaviour in any significant way?
Saying 'something must be done' and then letting yourself off by blaming the government isn't good enough.
What will you do that will contribute and make a real difference.

If you care so much about the homeless what are you doing about it. My contribution is a few quid here and there and no commitment in time (I don't volunteer) and significant financial contributions (I don't really miss the money I give). I classify my stance (accurately) as 'not really caring'. I suspect the vast majority of people are the same as me yet profess to care. It's sanctimonious nonsense.

I'll ignore your attempt at deflection and repeat the question.
In what way will a ridiculous initiative like this change your behaviour in any significant way?
Saying 'something must be done' and then letting yourself off by blaming the government isn't good enough.
What will you do that will contribute and make a real difference.

If you care so much about the homeless what are you doing about it. My contribution is a few quid here and there and no commitment in time (I don't volunteer) and significant financial contributions (I don't really miss the money I give). I classify my stance (accurately) as 'not really caring'. I suspect the vast majority of people are the same as me yet profess to care. It's sanctimonious nonsense.

In regards the homeless, I give a couple of hundred quid every year to homeless charities and won't vote for a Party that homelessness has increased under in this election

As for your first 'point' my behavior doesn't really need to change, I'm well aware of the issues and non of my close friends have shown any particular trigger signs. I worked in mental health services for several years and saw the damage a spiral of negativity can do, self hard, isolation, substance abuse etc. But I will repeat, It is not about me or about people like you who don't care - it is to raise awareness for those in need who may not potentially know they are in need. I don't have mental health issues, I' alright Jack. But plenty aren't and if 1 minute can help one person even think about accessing services then it is worth while

Kick off is being delayed by 1 minute, 1 minute on a Saturday afternoon. I find it remarkable that you object. Not just 'don't care' but actually object

In regards the homeless, I give a couple of hundred quid every year to homeless charities and won't vote for a Party that homelessness has increased under in this election

As for your first 'point' my behavior doesn't really need to change, I'm well aware of the issues and non of my close friends have shown any particular trigger signs. I worked in mental health services for several years and saw the damage a spiral of negativity can do, self hard, isolation, substance abuse etc. But I will repeat, It is not about me or about people like you who don't care - it is to raise awareness for those in need who may not potentially know they are in need. I don't have mental health issues, I' alright Jack. But plenty aren't and if 1 minute can help one person even think about accessing services then it is worth while

Kick off is being delayed by 1 minute, 1 minute on a Saturday afternoon. I find it remarkable that you object. Not just 'don't care' but actually object

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.