Marathon Bet confirmed as new training kit partner

And a hell of a lot of people would be unemployed, and a hell of a lot of people would continue to gamble illegally unencumbered by legal protection or government regulation.

They would but the advertising over the last 10 years plus the ease you can bet with your phone is why its big problem now and will get worse.

Ffs what’s the problem. Do people not have an issue with Sky. They watch their matches and then every other advert is skybet. How dare they make money from this . I bet someone will moan.
Of course,i don't like betting adverts but i would say that kids aren't going to sit still during the ad breaks and take any notice of them but they see their hero's with it on the front of their shirts they will take notice,they all have phones to goggle it and have a go,i posted the figures on the last page for under 16 gamblers,i don't think it's responsible to have this on our tops,betting is rife in fooyball,imo we should not be promoting it

Ffs what’s the problem. Do people not have an issue with Sky. They watch their matches and then every other advert is skybet. How dare they make money from this . I bet someone will moan.
I don’t have a problem with SKY
I have a problem with SLY SPORTS

I’m doing the opposite of evading or distracting. My very first post stated that I’d prefer for me to decide on my own moralistic values, especially when deciding upon legal pastimes.

If you can’t afford to gamble. Don’t.

Yeah, just say no, that always works.

You're just making shit up now

It was you that started talking about the legality or otherwise of certain types of behaviour, not me, nor did I advocate trampling on your moral values, if you want to gamble go for it.

You're a youngster, maybe you don't remember the handwringing that went on before the introduction of the National Lottery. The UK was the last major European country to have a national lottery, it was considered bad form for the government to promote gambling and even worse to become a bookie. Now my beloved City has a gambling company on its training shirt and onwards gambling marches in to the mainstream forever and ever.

When the fun stops, stop! Well, it's not funny anymore.

Being sponsored by a betting company is widespread and not against any regulations but you would have thought we could be more selective about who we choose as sponsors. Most clubs obviously have to take whatever is on offer regardless of the source but we aren't in that position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.