Arteta

Sam Lee's article in the Athletic mentions that he may be given more control in FA Cup and League Cup games next season to give him more experience

Mikel Arteta is in the middle of a tug of war between Manchester City and Arsenal, who want him to be their next manager. City see him as a key part of Pep Guardiola’s backroom team, and would like him to stay until the summer at the very least. [@neilfissler]

Seems like the closest to Pep in current staff. But to me he seems way to quiet on the bench. to me he doesnt look someone who would stand there in the area and actually manage a team he just looks quiet.
To see him shouting instruction, running up and down, its just not him.

But seems a good bloke that of course wouldnt change anything that if he takes the Arsenal job I hope he fails miserably. Nothing against him but just really dont like Arsenal and their fans. if he would go to Spain or Italy I would even cheer on his team.

Very easy to burn yourself as a young manager taking a first job, like Neville at Valencia or Henry at Monaco.

Mikel wants the Arsenal job but wants guarantees from them first.

We won't be standing in his way, at least not after next Sunday has come and gone.

I suspect we will have a new coach before Christmas.

I might be being unfair, but I think Pep's decision making since swapping Torrent for Arteta has become worse. I'm not going to be sad to see him leave.

Maybe a reshuffle in the coaching staff is what the squad needs.

What's the general opinion of him with you guys, do you's think he has what it takes to take the step up into management?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.