Was anything better in days gone by?

Getting in free at three quarter time at Maine Road
Kids being able to play out all day unsupervised cos there was hardly anything on the roads.

I don’t know about community cohesion, there was a hell of a lot of sectarian rivalry around.
regualtions

The club regulations state that U14s have to be accompanied by an adult! I used to go to Maine Road when I was ten- unaccompanied! The whole whack including four buses, a proggy and in - two shillings!

Fingering.

A dying art.
It seems today's youth does not aspire to a cheeky breast fondle and a bit of furtive finger stink as we used to in days of old. I think the air of mystery that used to shroud a ladies parts has been destroyed by the fact you can click away on tinterweb and see more moist meat on display than in a butchers window :-(
In a post apocalyptic world only those of us with imaginations and a crusty old pile of jazz mags will be able to make love to ourselves.

i loved playing football at the bottom of our close on a friday night school uni still on and ignoring threats to come in at 10.30 at night it was pitch black but nobody cared no fear jusf happy to be weekend free and looking forward to see CITY

Open spaces for kids to play on and not wander the streets.

Seems like every tiny bit of land is built on nowadays.

Long gone are the days of going out in the morning with your pals, playing footie, building dens, etc all day in the field and then coming home at dusk.

Six weeks holidays, my parents hardly saw me, other than bed time, occasionally dinner time or for a drink, and tea time.

Halycon days in the late 70's and early 80's

Sentimental...me???
All of that and we all had imaginations,we created our own games,i think that kids today would be terrified to have all their internet access and everything except a small tv taken away and told get on with it,the internet is a wonderful thing but it's also destroyed the ability to think and works things out for yourself

Kentucky Fried Chicken WAS actually better years ago. It was delicious and finger licking goodness.
Now it's just a crispy imitation that bears now no resemblance.

Was thinking the same. It’s probably healthier now, but scant consolation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.