Claudio Gomes

Feels like he's already moving out of the picture tbh. Just hasn't clicked for him here at all at any level and he's not stood out for the EDS at all. I know that sounds totally ruthless, but when you've got the amount of young talents we've got, then that's sometimes how it will be. Could be wrong of course but the signs aren't great for him currently.

Despite all the above, I had heard he'd impressed in training with the first team last year at times so you never know...but yeah, a loan to the 2nd tier of the Eredivise would be basically be the end for him IMO.

Saw it coming I guess!

Re the Zinchenko loan - that was an absolute mare. Barely played and was largely considered a wasted year for him. Zinchenko himself said the only thing he learned from that was that he had to not sulk if he didn't play. Hope this one goes a lot better! I don't think he'll get near the first team there, going off my gut instinct, but hopefully he gets plenty of time in the 2nd tier at least.

Saw it coming I guess!

Re the Zinchenko loan - that was an absolute mare. Barely played and was largely considered a wasted year for him. Zinchenko himself said the only thing he learned from that was that he had to not sulk if he didn't play. Hope this one goes a lot better! I don't think he'll get near the first team there, going off my gut instinct, but hopefully he gets plenty of time in the 2nd tier at least.

I seem to remember Zinchenko saying the lessons he learned there - like being sulky and miserable being useless - were valuable.

I read somewhere recently that a lot of clubs in england wont take kids on their first loan out of principle because so many of them spend 6 months in shock at how much harder things are in the first team of a lower division club compared to a top 6 academy.

You never know, this could be what gets him back on track, like you said he wasn't going anywhere fast in the u23's.

I seem to remember Zinchenko saying the lessons he learned there - like being sulky and miserable being useless - were valuable.

I read somewhere recently that a lot of clubs in england wont take kids on their first loan out of principle because so many of them spend 6 months in shock at how much harder things are in the first team of a lower division club compared to a top 6 academy.

You never know, this could be what gets him back on track, like you said he wasn't going anywhere fast in the u23's.

Yeah he did. Point was that he didn't really play. The main thing he learned was that - not sure if Gomes needs to learn that or not, but you'd naturally hope for a little more than just that from this loan! Fingers crossed it works for him.

Damn. He should have signed for PSG. He would have had more opportunities and playing time. A lot of young academy players played last year and some got rewarded with good transfers in good teams like Leverkusen, Leipzig.

Hope he will launch his career in Eredivisie.

Gomes looks quality, with some minutes at a senior level there is no reason why he won't be a PL player. Is he good enough for the first team at City? Time will tell. I hope he gets a crack.

Just seen city were after 2 kids from psg and made me think of Gomes what's happened to this kid as he came with a good reputation...

Just seen city were after 2 kids from psg and made me think of Gomes what's happened to this kid as he came with a good reputation...

Currently playing for Young PSV in the Keuken Kampioen Divisie, the Dutch second tier. He's played thirteen straight games and made the final whistle in all bar one when he was withdrawn injured. A tough time to join Young PSV, as PSV itself has promoted players from within in recent years so its 'development' squad is weaker and arguably lower in the league (16th out of 20) than it would normally be.

Currently playing for Young PSV in the Keuken Kampioen Divisie, the Dutch second tier. He's played thirteen straight games and made the final whistle in all bar one when he was withdrawn injured. A tough time to join Young PSV, as PSV itself has promoted players from within in recent years so its 'development' squad is weaker and arguably lower in the league (16th out of 20) than it would normally be.
Cheers mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.