Pep comments on the “size” of City compared to United

HelloCity

"For United's fans, they'll always be the biggest club. For the City fans, they'll always be the biggest club. It doesn't matter if you have had a lot of success in the past, it's part of what you feel," Guardiola said.

"I learnt about Manchester City's history and in the bad, bad moments, the support was almost higher or louder than, for example, now.

"If you are looking at the trophy cabinet, [United] are better, no doubts about that. Numbers are numbers and in that situation they've lifted more titles than us. But we're trying to be there for as long as possible and for City fans, Manchester City will always be better."

Nice and also fair comments.

I know initially there were some fans who felt like Pep didn’t quite get or know the club, at least in the beginning, but now it seems like a gets it.

Quotes are from the BBC after Simon Stone (lol) asked him if City were now bigger than United. Pep didn’t fall into the trap at all.

Last edited:
I know initially there were some fans who felt like Pep didn’t quite get or know the club, at least in the beginning, but now it seems like a gets it.
Because VAR has kicked him back to the past, to where everyone else would like us to be, and are trying to do just that.
Pep has seen what's going on and is taking it personally as well. Pep is a part of that now and has embraced us as family. Which bodes well for us.
I'm positive that this post for him is a special opportunity that he appreciates greatly and will want to stay and see things through longer than what he has done previous.

Nothing to see ... move along.
For those who missed it the content is about how both sets of FANS feel.The full content should be shown.

The quotes clearly confirm what you say in that Pep thinks how the fans feel plays a big part in determining how big a club is.

It’s also nice to hear Pep talk about City’s support during the dark days and shows he’s brushed up a lot since he first arrived. He’s used that support as an example of why he feels City are a big club.

Just to confirm, the Pep quote is in full from this piece:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50693901

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.