Pep comments on the “size” of City compared to United

A bit from the link>>>>

An EMBARRASSING gulf has opened up between Manchester City and Manchester United: Name any category - trophies, players, manager, training facilities, world vision - and CFG's £4BILLION empire has left their rivals lagging light years behind!
This Saturday evening, a United side who have been in an apparently irreversible decline since Ferguson retired six-and-a-half years ago, head to the Etihad Stadium hoping to avoid their own humbling.

United's fall from grace in the past few years has been all the more painful because across town City have been on a completely different trajectory.

Both on the field and off it, the club once dismissed as mere 'noisy neighbours' have gone from strength to strength and now eclipse United in so many areas.

Not only have they won a succession of trophies in the manner United had come to take for granted in the 1990s and 2000s, but they are surpassing them in terms of infrastructure, financial muscle and ambition too.

the one thing we have over united fans is we are here for the football club and not just the glory

manchester city in the dark days still got a very good following home and away and getting 30.000 in the old 3rd division is the roots of this club and fan base, am loud and proud of being one of them that would go to games in all type of weather knowing you are getting nothing back for your money other than the love for your club
let them utd fans roll in past glory that they have built because they are the biggest bunch of fakers known to man (glory hunters) the lot of them, just look at the youtube channel and the full time devils moaning like little kids in the play ground because they are not winning or in the top 4 or 6 ?? truly unbelievable what the glory as done to them and i hope to god we never turn out like them

the joy on the faces of city fans when they see the likes of goater dickov and others who do the rounds before the game at city square, the heart and soul of this club are the players that played for city in the 1999 play off final, it still moves me today when i see dickov and nicky weaver and what they means to others like me, they are true legends for me and don't hide behind a wall of you only played for manchester city because of the money ?? you see that money and silverware means nothing when you have thousands of fans wanting to shake your hand and take a picture because of a 3rd division play off final that is the real meaning of football and not just glory

"For United's fans, they'll always be the biggest club. For the City fans, they'll always be the biggest club. It doesn't matter if you have had a lot of success in the past, it's part of what you feel," Guardiola said.

"I learnt about Manchester City's history and in the bad, bad moments, the support was almost higher or louder than, for example, now.

"If you are looking at the trophy cabinet, [United] are better, no doubts about that. Numbers are numbers and in that situation they've lifted more titles than us. But we're trying to be there for as long as possible and for City fans, Manchester City will always be better."

Nice and also fair comments.

I know initially there were some fans who felt like Pep didn’t quite get or know the club, at least in the beginning, but now it seems like a gets it.

Quotes are from the BBC after Simon Stone (lol) asked him if City were now bigger than United. Pep didn’t fall into the trap at all.
Honestly, that’s the first thing I’ve ever heard Pep say in 3½ years where I feel like he understands us and what we’re really about.

He’s spoken many times about how he loves working here, how it’s better here than anywhere else, how he loves the players, how he’s a Mancunian after what happened with his family at the Arena bombing... He’s also spoken about United Liverpool Barça and Bayern being bigger clubs than us and I’ve not really liked the way he’s said it, in a way where he’s in awe of them and not of us... but this is the first time I’ve really felt something he’s said has resonated with me about what this club/fanbase is about in his eyes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pep has used this to remind us we have lost a lot of our oomph as fans in terms of atmosphere.

He's spot on.
He should wind his neck in about the fans,we have a long suffering fan base who have given it their all,it's not for him to tell fans how to support the club,he should also cut out the we don't have much history bollocks

As for the size of the club,i don't think i have ever heard a blue say we are the biggest club,it screams insecurity

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.