Half & Half Scarves

These scarves are rated as bad as Var with most genuine football fans. If you sat next to someone today who has got one on.What word of advice would you give them ?

A lot of loyal City fans used to buy these for European games, even Groclin when we only got 1000 tickets and they were very high demand.

But these 'genuine' fans now were not around then.

A lot of loyal City fans used to buy these for European games, even Groclin when we only got 1000 tickets and they were very high demand.

But these 'genuine' fans now were not around then.

I understand the reason people want scarfs for one-off games, I’d probably buy one myself. But not for domestic matches, it seems weird

I’m going to the Berlin Derby in March/April, I wouldn’t dream of buying one there and wearing it.

I understand the reason people want scarfs for one-off games, I’d probably buy one myself. But not for domestic matches, it seems weird

I’m going to the Berlin Derby in March/April, I wouldn’t dream of buying one there and wearing it.
Indeed. If I went to that derby or the Seville derby or any derby as a day tripper and sat there with a half’n’half scarf on not really showing any real care for the result... if a few fans confronted me about it and I got a few digs for it, I would complain and I’d think I’d deserved it.

That’s why I wouldn’t do it!

Day trippers. People who are only here for the occasion and not to support City. People who are only there so they can go home and say they went to a Manchester Derby and for no other reason. People who don’t give a shit if we win or lose and are there taking pictures and videos of both sets of players with smiles on their faces when either team scores. People who were at Old Trafford yesterday on the tour and probably got a hotel room full of Rag merchandise then come to the Etihad today and buy a load of stuff from ours too. People who drive the prices of football up across the country who make clubs think they can justify £69 for a match ticket while long standing fans sit at home watching it on a dodgy stream because they can’t afford that much, because these ****s will pay it.

Tourists are as unwelcome as a full on Rag **** in our end, I mean maybe even less because at least the Rag would be there because of love for his team. He just deserves a few slaps as he’s running away once he’s sussed out for being a cheeky dirty Rag **** in our end... but still, at least he’s not a tourist.
Have you never gone to a game with teams you don't support ?. Most fans I know have. Myself I've done Milan, Benfica, Madrid games.

The first domestic one I saw was away at Notts in 2011 - obviously it was a missive game to them with gary lund en'all.

Have you never gone to a game with teams you don't support ?. Most fans I know have. Myself I've done Milan, Benfica, Madrid games.
No. I have been to City away games in the home end and tried to be blend in and not get sussed but never to a game not involving City.

And if I did I wouldn’t wear a half’n’hlaf scarf and walk around to where the opposition are warming up taking pictures and videos of them like happens at our place.

When we played Madrid at home there were tourists running and falling over seats, face planting because they had their phones recording in their hands, trying to get closer to CRonaldo. There were about 100 of them by the Madrid team and about six next to where City were warming up. Quite a few City fans remonstrated with them to get the fuck out of our ground.

There’s a way of being a day tripper, the proper fans around you shouldn’t even notice you. Or just be sound as fuck if they do. Like when Feyenoord came to our place and two lads behind me asked what the words were to one of our chants and they joined in with it!

No. I have been to City away games in the home end and tried to be blend in and not get sussed but never to a game not involving City.

And if I did I wouldn’t wear a half’n’hlaf scarf and walk around to where the opposition are warming up taking pictures and videos of them like happens at our place.

When we played Madrid at home there were tourists running and falling over seats, face planting because they had their phones recording in their hands, trying to get closer to CRonaldo. There were about 100 of them by the Madrid team and about six next to where City were warming up. Quite a few City fans remonstrated with them to get the fuck out of our ground.

There’s a way of being a day tripper, the proper fans around you shouldn’t even notice you. Or just be sound as fuck if they do. Like when Feyenoord came to our place and two lads behind me asked what the words were to one of our chants and they joined in with it!
Fair enough I suppose there are good tourists and bad, never noticed any that have particularly bothered me. The half and half scarves I wouldn't buy but they don't really bother me and they must sell loads though because they are at all games for all the clubs selling them.Nearly every P/L game so thats 380 designs a season must be worth their while producing them..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.