Worried about the EDS

Its disappointing to see the rags, LiVARpool and chelsea youngsters all doing well and making their way up the ladder. I guess City have given up on developing a good academy and focused on scouting the next 50 mill player and companies to join the CFG. If we're not careful we're going to be left with an aging squad, FFP restrictions and no youth to call upon.

I would be quite happy to integrate youth players at the cost of some success. I suspect many on here, pleading for youth, would be the first to complain should our results turn. Chelsea are showing that it can be done but they are not realistic winners of major trophies at the moment. Liverpool have introduced one who gets regular football.

I would be quite happy to integrate youth players at the cost of some success. I suspect many on here, pleading for youth, would be the first to complain should our results turn. Chelsea are showing that it can be done but they are not realistic winners of major trophies at the moment. Liverpool have introduced one who gets regular football.

At what cost though? It's easy to play youngsters like Arsenal and Man U and fail to compete for anything of notice.

We have one of the best managers in the world and the best thing we can do as a club is to provide him with the best players available. Otherwise, why not hire Solskjaer, he might be available pretty soon. Actually, why not hire Emery, he's already available.

At what cost though? It's easy to play youngsters like Arsenal and Man U and fail to compete for anything of notice.

We have one of the best managers in the world and the best thing we can do as a club is to provide him with the best players available. Otherwise, why not hire Solskjaer, he might be available pretty soon. Actually, why not hire Emery, he's already available.

I have been a fan for fifty years and these are the best times I have ever known. There is almost nothing I would change. What racks me off is the constant whinging about game time for young players from people who would be the first to moan when we are less successful than we are currently. Personally, I experienced 44 years of failure so I treat our current success as the most unbelievable bonus. If the manager and board decide to introduce more youth players and it costs us a little, I would also be happy.

I have been a fan for fifty years and these are the best times I have ever known. There is almost nothing I would change. What racks me off is the constant whinging about game time for young players from people who would be the first to moan when we are less successful than we are currently. Personally, I experienced 44 years of failure so I treat our current success as the most unbelievable bonus. If the manager and board decide to introduce more youth players and it costs us a little, I would also be happy.
As a fan for 53 years I agree with every word you typed.

Another dismal performance tonight. Two poor goals given away early , dominated the game but rarely looked like scoring.
Just so many things wrong. Lacking a center forward must be a problem as they use either Poveda or Ben Knight as they did tonight. Small and lightweight as they are they just get steamrollered and don't really have the ability just to drop in and help make things happen. Not that we really have the ideal player for that roll as Touazi just hasn't done it and it's a bit early for Delap ( or is it?)

Holding midfield tonight was Doyle. Maybe he can play the role and its good for his experience but imo he's not that great there and it takes so much of his best game away from him. Maybe Pozo was injured and McDonald had to play center back but it did't work too well.

Poveda and Braaf have tons of skill but at times just run/dribble into players rather than playing more for the team. Plus of course the opposition know what to expect and just crowd them out. Poveda especially guilty with it but both need to learn better how to use the fact that they attrcat defenders which must leave room for others.

Bashiru just doesnt seem to have it at this level. Has his moments of course but maybe is one of those the likes of Poveda and Braaf should play with but I do wonder if they have the confidence in him. Too often moves break down when Bash gets involved. Bernabe is better as a playmaker/midfield player but he hasnt convinced me yet. Again lots of quality is in there but just not shown consistently enough.

W e lost to Southampton at home early in the season when we were 3.1 up with about 10 minutes to play. That game was a joke and seems to have set the season for the EDS to a degree. We keep having loads of the ball and losing games. We might play well most of a game but too often look like conceding at any time.

Harsley out I hear plenty of and its hard to argue against it. I havent seen anything to suggest he knows what the problems are in our play , attacking or defending, so its same old same old.

Most of the players last night played in the Leasing Trophy 3 days ago and I guess fitness levels weren't great. The EDS has played a lot of games: PL2, Leasing Trophy, UEFA U19...It might be a bit too much for some of them.

Fitness levels should be fine but from what I saw attitude wasn't great. Felt more like we got past Shrewsbury so what the hell....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.