Match Thread | Man City vs Man Utd (07/12/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spanish Dave is the greatest player ever in sky blue, but his time is over.

I never belittle the club....i call out bad performances and tatics

I also am amzingly proud of the lub and the way its ran and how Pep represents us - but some people only want to see the negative comments and ignore the positive ones (even though they are in black and white) as they want to argue everything and cannot take criticism - we are losing and at the moment their tactics are working better than ours and our tactics are playing right into their hands...if you cannot see that then there i no point in talking about anything - do i like it - no ......but its the truth....pretending its anything else is just pointlessa and also incorrect (but maybe some people are comfortable enough to admit it )

I don't see many positive posts from you, but hey-ho!

Shocking so far.

Did anyone see the handbags near the lift in M1? The doors between us and the Rags were booted open & there was lots of ‘let’s have it’ from both sides but all I saw was the doors being kicked between the two sides

Spot on mate. It’s that passivity that is killing us. I can’t remember them once just popping a long ball in behind us - its the space in front of the back four that is the issue. Walker has done alright, the other three have been various shades of awful. If they’re not prepared to be more aggressive and get tighter, they’ll be plenty more chances for them.
And remember how Vinny defended on the front foot, coming out to meet attackers before they had any time on the ball. It's clear as day.

Solskjaer ripping apart Pep tactically I cant understand it.

The guy is failure and Brighton, Watford, Newcastle regularly get a result against him yet he comes to Etihad and they could be 4-0 up in 45 minutes. WTF?

We cant even blame Mendy end Gundoogan as they would be scapegoats for something like this but they dont play do they...

Colossal fuck up.
I mean it's hardly rocket science how to play against City - defend in numbers and hit us on the counter with pace. Most teams don't have the pace and quality to hurt us enough to get results; however Liverpool and United have that in their forwards.

Their front 3 is no good at breaking down defensively solid teams, hence why they're shite against most teams, but they're perfectly suited to play with the space we provide.

Unfortunately Pep has too much faith in Fernandinho/Stones/Otamendi to cope against these teams; when in reality Laporte/Walker are our only defenders who make it work.

Var have got both decisions right unfortunately.

Yes and no, I don't think any of us are saying it wasn't a pen for Rashford but the fact they have not been overturning the decision all season long.

The handballs would be harsh but would they be given to certain other teams? Probably.

good post - and Pep is to stubborn to change

Thing is i cannt quite pinpoit how he hs changed it.......or why - i can see whats not happening as far as our attack is going (the only thing i can think of is that Pep sees teams defending deeper and deeper into their penalty areas and therefore thinks there wont be the space in behind to get to the byline like we used to)...KDB's movement to the right hand side is killing us and he is also sitting deeper and therefore defending more - instead when he was often arriving edge of the box or even in the area. (again i can see the poitn of having KDB in the quarter back role as his passing is second to none) - but i think its weakens us not having him further forward...

People are pinpointing Rodri but i think he has been playing well but we look short in midfield for some reason and there are huge gaps and I know Ferna used to cover a lot of ground but we see over stretched more for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.