Post Match Thread - United (h)

I think after the last 2 seasons Pep has earned some benefit of doubt?!

We’ll see if ‘the team is finished’ in the cup comps. All the truly great teams struggled to find consistency to win competitive leagues week after week, season after season. There has to be a drop off.

I think the test will be 'can we pull a Real Madrid this year?'.

Shite league performances but sweep up in the cups.

Then rebuild in the summer.

Ederson ok
Walker is mentally challenged
Fernandinho is a terrible cb but i blame pep for this
Stones is a pussy
Angelino not good enough, but not his fault
Rodri, good player but struggling in a dysfunctional system
KdB,best midfielder in the world but is really struggling to win games on his own at the moment, the only recipe for this shite team to be competetive is 17/18 KdB but struggling to hit those heights
Silva, not sure if he will be a starter for Las Palmas next season
Bernardo needs a break
Sterling, I said couple of months ago I think the sudden mediahype is starting to get to his head a bit, and the usual suspects on this forum ridiculed me for it, but he hasnt been good in the prem since august now, so is it mental or has just the last 3 seasons been a purple patch and hes actually shit? I'll let the deluded gang answer that because I really dont want to be called a rag again.
Jesus, jury still out but I like him, needs to put away his chances though, but atleast he is consistently raw and unpredictable, unlike the others that seem to decide to be shit when it suits them

Its not that they dont deserve some slack. 198 points is incredible. Never expected 3 in a row, and allthough I think we would be better prepared with better transfers in the summer I dont really blame anyone for that.

Days like today though is unforgivable. Absolutely no excuse is good enough for not outscoring this bunch if clowns. Lingard, Rashford and James is a championship trio, and we knew exactly how they would play and we looked like we were in shock the whole first half.

And chasing a goal for 80 odd minutes and finally putting on Gundogan is the single craziest decision someone associated to this club has done since the summer of 79.

I hope Phil Foden leaves and never comes back. I hope he will be the best player in the world, lifting trophies with Barca, Madrid, Juve or even the horrible scousers. Gundogan is here to stay, and he will slow down our midfield until the day he dies.

Mahrez was the most pointless signing since the guy im named after.

Fresh blood is needed, mental exhaustion and tired legs after 2 incredible seasons is expected, but the decisions taken makes me wonder if Pep has lost the plot. Were the most ambitious and well funded team in the league, legend for what he has done or not, if Pep doesnt get a fucking grip and start doing sensible adjustments he needs to go the way of Bobby and Manuel, who lets be real, won slightly less than him with much less leeway from the board

Last edited:
This is the post match thread after a grim home defeat to one of the worst Man Utd teams in recent history, why not go and start your own "Thanks Pep for the great football in the previous 200 matches" thread?
They have some decent young players at that club. Daniel James for one.

Big credit to Phelan (cant have been the paper boy), they set up just right with almost a front 4 to stifle our possession from the back and midfield.
We dont move the ball anywhere quick enough atm that's why Foden looks right when he comes on.
Bernie is outstanding for Portugal atm but looks crap for us. Feel sorry for David - last season turning into a let down.

So much wrong today yet still a var handball pen away from a draw.

ota should start - my worry is even when Laporte is fit pep still plays Fernandinho at the back - desperately need him in midfie

why bring gundugan on - Foden most be gutted. Not a great message to him and the rest of the young player - if ever there was a moment that was it

We need to buy 3 cbs and a left back plus replace Sergio in the next two years . We need to surely see if Foden etc have it .

Rodri not good enough atm . Too slow and doesn’t stop danger .( Forget Burnley’s snail paced players )

stupid lofted crosses - why

shooting is poor

oh and var is a sack of shit

lots to work on but we need a bit of a reset

Our problem is that pep is that stubborn he will do what he wants and not change . Now that is the biggest worry for us going forward . He is a great manager but he dirsnt seem to be able to change like in the past . Just want to get this season done and buy big in the summer which we need . No point being the richest team in the world if we don’t spend it . As for the abuse of Fred but out of order but I think we all agree we have had our fair share at old Trafford over the years

Last edited:
fair enough - I personally thing GUndogan has hugely underperfomred since day one but today had nothing to do with him...was just pointing uot the weaknsess of ur options on the bench....

Injuries are killing us smoewhat (esp Sane and Laporte) but tactically we aint right - the balnce in the team just aint there at present.
Laporte injury was a disaster, but Sane if not injured would have left anyway.

John Stones is John Stones, a sick note and MIA when required.

To not bring in a least 1 CB this summer was criminal negligence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.