Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a transitional season.

Pep needs to figure a few things out and refresh the squad. We'll come back stronger next season.

Doesn’t transitional suggest that we are working on a plan moving forwards?

Nothing about this season suggests that we are in transition. No younger players are getting a chance, we are insisting on the exact same game plan as the previous seasons and we are still heavily relying on David Silva and Fernandinho, both of whom may not be here next season.

I’d say we’re in decline not transition.

I wouldn’t be shocked if next year is Pep’s last. Our last few managers were not long term and I don’t expect Pep to be any different. That said, we’d be stupid to sack him before his contract is up. He built one of the best teams to grace English football and built the first team to reach 100 points in a single season. I agree that things don’t look great now, but no single manager could fix it. We have been battered with injuries and aging players. Yes, our intensity has dropped but we won 2 consecutive titles. Not a single set of players can keep that intensity up infinitely. Give it another year and hopefully we will be back up to our full fitness and intensity. If we’re lucky, Pep will even sign a new contract, but if not, at least he’s left us a team with passing ability and drive to win the ball back. With Sane and Laporte back in February, hopefully we’ll make some decent cup runs.
CMON CITY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.