Post Match Thread - United (h)

Not seen any var decisions back but they’re irrelevant, it’s just an excuse to hide behind. We were piss poor again. It’s a manchester derby at home and the keeper made one routine save and a few catches that Kyle Walker could take in his sleep. Or if you want to look at it differently, it’s a mid-table team at home and the keepers made one routine save. That’s woeful and unforgivable.

Was no secret what they were going to do yet we played right into their hands and almost encouraged them to do it, why when we clearly had no plan for it? we should have been more than 2-0 down at halftime in truth.

Saw largely the same game as we saw against Newcastle and villa and Southampton before that and all the games for the last few months bar Burnley. The only reason we beat Burnley was because they played into our hands choosing to go to feet and get physical rather than just running by iron boots Rodri and the non-existent midfield press like everybody else does at will.

This is on Pep and serious questions needs to be asked of him. You don’t continue to do something that’s clearly not working over and over and expect it to just magically work. Pep is too stubborn to admit mistakes at times and putting Fernandinho back in his position seems to be one he’s willing to die on but why isn’t Arteta who is supposedly so good or another of his back room staff having a word with him in private? we can all see it so why the hell can’t they?

Leagues gone for definite, the gaps already insurmountable and it’s only going to get much bigger. All eggs in the champions league basket now but I don’t see how we’re going to win that when we’re yet to beat a single so called top side in our league nevermind the best in Europe.

Special mention to out moronic fans too. Throwing shit on the pitch was disgraceful and shines a horrible light on the club, some even had the audacity to have a go at Kdb for telling them to cut it out. from my side in the south Stand we had numerous incidents of blues trying to start on other blues throughout the second half for no real reason and only the intervention of the people around them stopping it and then a shocking number of people making airplane gestures at the end, wasn’t just one or two idiots either unfortunately.

ffs! Get a grip.

Yes, it's a shit result, and we have no chance of catching the dippers, but last Tuesday Pep and the players were the best thing since sliced bread.

My first match was in 1961 and I've seen some real shit over the years.

Why doesn't Phil Foden start? It doesn't make sense.

tbf there are a number of teams that would thrash this Burnley side at the moment. Any team would look like superstars.

Bernardo is needed in the middle, he has energy and drive, everything that are midfield is lacking

I feel it's deeper than that. I think of D. Silva leaving, Fern leaving, Sergio closer to the end, Kevin losing pace after two tough seasons, Sterling losing the David's link-up options, Bernardo not as productive as last season, the issues with the left back and centre backs, and so on. It just feels like there is a need for a major rebuild.

If all that were true I highly doubt the people running the club would be naive to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.